Windows 10: How to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection?

Discus and support How to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection on Win10 Prox64 and not allow incoming RDP connection? I could not find any Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackin, Dec 29, 2020.

1. jackin Win User

How to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection?

Is it possible to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection on Win10 Prox64 and not allow incoming RDP connection?

I could not find any Microsoft documentation on link below:

Remote Desktop clients FAQ Microsoft Docs

Any help would be appreciated?

:)

jackin, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Mel Tar Win User
    how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Kol12 Win User

Outbound rules still show as allowed.

Why do all of the default (pre-defined) MS Firewall outbound rules still show as allowed when I have set outbound connections to block for the Domain, Private and Public profiles? Shouldn't setting outbound connections to block block everything in the outbound list?

Kol12, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to only allow Outbound remote desktop connection? - Similar Threads - allow Outbound remote

2. Remote desktop Greyed Out "Allow connections only from computers with network level...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop Greyed Out "Allow connections only from computers with network level...: Hello,Am KalasagarDear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I have encountered an issue while configuring the remote desktop settings in. Specifically, the option "Allow connections only from computers with network level authentication" is greyed out and...
  3. Remote desktop Greyed Out "Allow connections only from computers with network level...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop Greyed Out "Allow connections only from computers with network level...: Hello,Am KalasagarDear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I have encountered an issue while configuring the remote desktop settings in. Specifically, the option "Allow connections only from computers with network level authentication" is greyed out and...
  4. Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved: Hello everyone,I have some trouble with the remote desktop connection tool on the same network. I am trying to connect from a mac using microsoft remote desktop to my windows 10 pro pc, the first connection is succesful but when I disconnect I am unable to reconnect. The only...
  5. Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved: Hello everyone,I have some trouble with the remote desktop connection tool on the same network. I am trying to connect from a mac using microsoft remote desktop to my windows 10 pro pc, the first connection is succesful but when I disconnect I am unable to reconnect. The only...
  6. How to allow Windows Update as outbound connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow Windows Update as outbound connection?: What outbound rules are required to make Windows Update work? Also is blocking all outbound connections worth the hassle for increased security? I've been following a hardening guide however I think it's easy to make a mistake in the Firewall settings and I suspect that I...
  7. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  8. remote desktop connection works only one direction

remote desktop connection works only one direction: My remote desktop connection works from desktop to laptop but not from laptop to desktop. Both using windows 10 pro. Can not figure out why?...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers

Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers: Hi On previous versions of Windows you could put an IP address : portnumber i.e. 192.168.0.1:1234 Now in Windows 10 it says the : character is an illegal character so how do I define the port number to connect to for a remote desktop connection?? 17740