Windows 10: How to only allow Windows Update in Windows Firewall?

Discus and support How to only allow Windows Update in Windows Firewall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically I don't have much Data to spare. So whenever i switch on my Wifi, so many programs try to get updates. . and just like that it drains around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adnanpmi, Feb 16, 2020.

1. adnanpmi Win User

How to only allow Windows Update in Windows Firewall?

Basically I don't have much Data to spare. So whenever i switch on my Wifi, so many programs try to get updates. . and just like that it drains around 100 MB no matter what. This happens even if i don't open any programs.
    Also if i open any other programs during the update, the update gets interrrupted and tells me to retry which means re-download from the beginning if i haven't restarted.

I just want the newest Windows features in my laptop and probably correct any bugs from the previous update. So is there anyway to block every other programs and only allow Windows 10 update application to pass through using Windows Firewall?

Thanks in Advance

:)

adnanpmi, Feb 16, 2020

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Feb 16, 2020
  3. does active armor firewall block windows update

did you try and open the way for windows update to work? You may have to allow it to access the internet. I honestly dont have experience, yet, with Asus Armor Firewall, but I have firewall experience and you might have to do that. Probably put it in the internet or trusted zone, or maybe even open the ports up.

WarEagleAU, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How to only allow Windows Update in Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - allow Update Firewall

2. "ms store" allowed in Windows Firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "ms store" allowed in Windows Firewall.: When checking the Firewall I noticed that this was allowed through:When I checked there were two ms stores, one bein labelled 'Microsoft Store', and the other being the image shown. Is this safe? Or perhaps is this an outdated version of Microsoft Store?...
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What are these allowed apps in windows firewall? They were orginally allowed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these allowed apps in windows firewall? They were orginally allowed.: Here is a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-allowed-apps-in-windows-firewall/fbe1519e-f241-463d-80f0-9d7c21bb3320
  7. FireWall not allowing portforwarding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FireWall not allowing portforwarding: Recently I have tried to set up a small Minecraft server for me and my friends and attempted to port forward so they could join. I ran into the issue of my computer's firewall blocking the connection. I'm pretty sure that's the issue because if I turn off my public network...
  8. Windows Firewall Block (Mostly) All Outbound But Allow Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall Block (Mostly) All Outbound But Allow Windows Update?: Im trying to improve W10 security by using Windows Firewall to block all outbound connections and only allow my select programs and services to connect. One issue ive found no solution for is how to make key Windows 10 components like Windows Update work without allowing...
  9. Windows Firewall - "allowed apps and features"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall - "allowed apps and features": Is there a description of all the entries in Windows 10 Firewall - "allowed apps and features" listed somewhere? "Details" are not available for many or not helpful 55021
  10. Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN): How do I configure the Windows firewall to only allow internet traffic when my computer is connected to my VPN? I am using OpenVPN and I wish to apply this as a global rule or global set of rules, not only for a selected application/applications. It would though be necessary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall connect to windows update only