Windows 10: How to open a "~$" audio file?

Discus and support How to open a "~$" audio file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted some important audio files permanently and I used a recovery software to recover the files. However, the files shown in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kachibi, Apr 22, 2020.

1. kachibi Win User

How to open a "~$" audio file?

I accidentally deleted some important audio files permanently and I used a recovery software to recover the files. However, the files shown in the software had "$" in front of their names (see the image below). They are still in normal audio formats like M4A and AMR, however, they cannot be opened. The players say they don't support the file types or the files are corrupt.

I checked online and they seem to be "temporary files", I am not sure. Anyway, I wonder if there are any methods to...

kachibi, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 22, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to open a "~$" audio file? - Similar Threads - open audio file

2. How to fix file not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix file not opening.: Hello, I've recently attempted to open up one of my apps. After attempting to open it, It would show a tab that says "C: Program FilesNVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce ExperienceNVIDIA GeForce Experie... Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce...
  3. How to close open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close open files: I am trying to delete a folder and it says either its openwhich its not or one of the files are in use. how do i find what's using it and close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-open-files/5a59dd35-5fc5-424f-bf23-5aff2497dfd6
  4. How to open .action files?

How to open .action files?: I signed up for social security and the documentation paperwork sent is a pdf in .action format. I can read and print the documents while on the s.s. page but when I save it it saves as a .action and I can not open it. I've tried Foxit reader and Adobe reader dc, and neither...
  5. How to open .HEIC files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open .HEIC files: I just got a bunch of photos from a friends' iPhone but I can't open them on my Windows 10. They are all encoded as .heic files: [ATTACH] If I open any of those files in the Photos app, it shows that it can't read them. If I then go into Settings and scroll down, it has...
  6. How to open a .bundle file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a .bundle file?: I have a .bundle file that I want to extract. Is there a program that can do that? I've heard that Unity and Git can but I have no money and no experience for those. If I use Git, what commands do I enter?...
  7. Opening audio files is very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening audio files is very slow: Hi all, I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back. I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 3700x and Samsung SSD. All audio files which i'm trying to open is either not responding or takes at least a minute to open on...
  8. How to Open .eml files?

How to Open .eml files?: The Mail App doesn't seem capable. It can't open .eml files either. 24494
  9. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366