Windows 10: how to open a bin file

Discus and support how to open a bin file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a nvr security system and i got a new firmware to install but when i got the file it was zipped in a bin format, i clicked on that zip and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by corvairbob, May 4, 2021.

1. how to open a bin file

i have a nvr security system and i got a new firmware to install but when i got the file it was zipped in a bin format, i clicked on that zip and it opened again into a bin file. how do i get this file so i can see what it is and know if it is the file i need for my nvr? i figured you will not know about that firmware but you may be able to help me find a way to open it so i can check. i tired to put the thumb stick in the nvr but it did not recognize that file either. i did a search in the app store and online and all i see are ways to burn them, i'm not sure i need to burn this file as the only way to get it into the nvr is on a thumb stick. or it very well could be that when the file gets unpacked it is then converted into a bin file. anyway how can i do this? thanks bp. win10 ver 19o41.867

:)

corvairbob, May 4, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 5, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 5, 2021
  4. how to open a bin file

Recycle Bin disappeared

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with recovering your accidentally deleted pictures as Recycle Bin has disappeared. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to click View option.
    • Double click on Options, on the top right windows
    • Go to View tab.
    • Check on "Show hidden files, folders and drives ".
    • And uncheck on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".
    • Click on Apply and
      OK
      button.
    Step 2:

• Now, go back to File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC, from right hand side panel.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Right click on $Recycle.Bin
    • Select Send to option.
    • Click on Desktop (create shortcut).
    The recycle bin shortcut shall be created on the desktop.

Note: Check on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" by follow step 1.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 5, 2021
Thema:

how to open a bin file

1. how to open a bin file - Similar Threads - open bin file

2. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  3. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  4. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  5. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  6. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  7. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

8. My .bin file opens with VLC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My .bin file opens with VLC: I downloaded a file earlier that is in the .bin format but when I open it it opens with VLC? Is that normal or can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-opens-with-vlc/1881a9e5-11c1-44fa-b0ab-fada18ee5aab
  9. can't open bin files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't open bin files: I can't open Nikon camera firmware update bin files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files/97081b44-35ad-44da-8c4b-5d6739cfad9f
  10. .bin Files

.bin Files: Which programme do I use to open .bin and .info files?These two files are on a dash cam website to update the firmware but each one says Windows can`t open this file,find a programme to do this. 125785