Windows 10: How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

Discus and support How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

WinClub, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
  3. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

He,

Whenever I open a new tab in Edge I want it to display a blank page.

When I set this in the settings menu it is automatically reset when using the "clear browsing data" menu and it is reverted back to "Top sites and suggested content".

This is clearly a bug as this is not listed in the "choose what to clear" menu.

greets, Pim

Pim Scheffers, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

1. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser - Similar Threads - open Blank Tab

2. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  3. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  4. Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?: Is it normal, that when you open a browser tab, 18 tabs are displayed in the Task-Manager?And the Antimalware Service Executable is taking up pretty much RAM.It's not the browser because it is the same thing with Google Chrome.*** in das englische Forum verschoben ***...
  5. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  6. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  7. How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time, we close the Edge browser in a rush and forget that there were few critical pages which you should have bookmarked. While you can, it is difficult to get all of them. In this post, we will [...] This post How to make Microsoft Edge launch with...
  8. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  9. How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge: When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? [img] 9385
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...