Windows 10: How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

Discus and support How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

WinClub, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
  3. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

He,

Whenever I open a new tab in Edge I want it to display a blank page.

When I set this in the settings menu it is automatically reset when using the "clear browsing data" menu and it is reverted back to "Top sites and suggested content".

This is clearly a bug as this is not listed in the "choose what to clear" menu.

greets, Pim

Pim Scheffers, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

1. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser - Similar Threads - open Blank Tab

2. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  3. How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Microsoft Edge launch with Previous Tabs opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time, we close the Edge browser in a rush and forget that there were few critical pages which you should have bookmarked. While you can, it is difficult to get all of them. In this post, we will [...] This post How to make Microsoft Edge launch with...
  4. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  5. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  6. How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge: When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? [img] 9385
  7. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  8. Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.: I don't know why the web browser is still very slow in opening a web page. I've never had this problems before in my old windows 7 until this new windows 10 was installed. Can MS please fix this I fill like I have a dial-up web browser on a high end computer that is trying to...
  9. Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive: Folks, Using Edge, if I click the "+", open a new tab, then drag that tab out to start a new browser window everything seems fine. I can open more and more tabs on that "daughter" window. If I then choose "close all tabs", they all go away...but the edge browser window...
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...