Windows 10: How to open a file with windows store app?

Discus and support How to open a file with windows store app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Inkscape via the Microsoft store. How do I make Inkscape the default program for .eps files? Also, how do I add Inkscape onto the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hao S, May 14, 2022.

1. Hao S Win User

How to open a file with windows store app?

I installed Inkscape via the Microsoft store. How do I make Inkscape the default program for .eps files? Also, how do I add Inkscape onto the list of programs that show under open with? When I select open with -> choose another app -> look for an app in Microsoft store I can search for Inkscape and find it but I don't know what to do next. [![][1]][1] [![][2]][2] [![][3]][3] [![][4]][4] [1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/la6Kb.png [2]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/mhNOc.png [3]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/dZz3d.png [4]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/ixakg.png

:)

Hao S, May 14, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to open a file with windows store app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 14, 2022
  3. What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

EyeInTheSky, May 14, 2022
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. How to open a file with windows store app? - Similar Threads - open file store

2. How to open a file with windows store app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a file with windows store app?: I installed Inkscape via the Microsoft store. How do I make Inkscape the default program for .eps files? Also, how do I add Inkscape onto the list of programs that show under open with? When I select open with -> choose another app -> look for an app in Microsoft store I can...
  3. How to open a file with windows store app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to open a file with windows store app?: I installed Inkscape via the Microsoft store. How do I make Inkscape the default program for .eps files? Also, how do I add Inkscape onto the list of programs that show under open with? When I select open with -> choose another app -> look for an app in Microsoft store I can...
  4. Windows Apps and Store not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps and Store not opening: We've had this desktop for only a few months. I personally don't use it since I have my laptop but I just checked something on it and found out that the standard windows apps and store aren't working. Can anyone find a solution for this? submitted by /u/Number-no-1 [link]...
  5. How to Reset Apps that open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Reset Apps that open files: I accidently opened a properties file with adobe photoshop and i want to change it back into the normal file it comes when you download it is there anyway i can reset how files are opened?...
  6. App store not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App store not opening: after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-not-opening/13a6fe6c-1e1a-4afb-8d37-9327671175bf"
  7. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  8. File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?: If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store. The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using. I'd like to remove...
  9. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638
  10. Windows App Store Not Opening

Windows App Store Not Opening: For the last few days, I have been unable to get the Windows App Store, or any apps downloaded from the windows app store, to be able to open. It opens the initial window and then just closes and nothing occurs. This also occurs with the xbox app. Is anyone else experiencing...