Windows 10: How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

Discus and support How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What do I have to do to open a local .html file in MS Edge? This works from command line: & "C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, Sep 23, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

What do I have to do to open a local .html file in MS Edge? This works from command line:

& "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" C:\Users\bernie\Desktop\combined_homework.html

I've tried all of the methods below, and none work. I thought this would be the easy part.

Invoke-Item ~\Desktop\combined_homework.html

start microsoft-edge:file:///C:\Users\bernie\Desktop\combined_homework.html

cmd /c "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" C:\Users\bernie\Desktop\combined_homework.html

Invoke-Command -FilePath "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" -ArgumentList C:\Users\bernie\Desktop\combined_homework.html

:)

zBernie, Sep 23, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How To Open HTML Files

Hi Doug,

You can open HTML files with Internet Explorer or the Edge Browser . . .

Right click an HTML file, choose Open - With

On the resulting dialog, check the box marked 'Always open html file . .. '

Then in the list look for Edge or Internet Explorer

If they do not appear, scroll to the bottom of that list and click 'More Apps' to find them

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2020
  3. How to change HTML File Associations from Edge to IE in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to change HTML File Associations from Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to make changes in the Control Panel and check if that helps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Default programs.

• Click on Associated a file type with a program.

• Scroll down to select HTML file and click on change program.

• Select Internet Explorer and click ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 23, 2020
  4. How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

windows edge opens then closes immediately

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

From what you have mentioned, it looks like Microsoft Edge is set as the default browser. I would suggest you to try the steps below to set Internet Explorer as the default browser and check if you are able to open the PDF file.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "system" and click "default apps" on the left pane.

3. Under "browser", if Microsoft Edge is listed, click on it and choose Internet Explorer from the list.

Also, for Microsoft Edge crash related issue, please follow the steps given below to run powershell command.

Powershell is a scripting language for Windows and Windows Server that allows you to simplify the management of your systems.

1. Type powershell in the search bar

2. Right click on PowerShell and select
    run as administrator

3. Copy and paste the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

4. Once the command is completed successfully, restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

1. How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script" - Similar Threads - open html file

2. How to change the display icon of a PowerShell script file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the display icon of a PowerShell script file?: Hi,We have a PowerShell script file that we want to ship to our customers and run on customer machines. Is there a way for us to change the display of the PowerShell script file to a custom png file?Any help is much appreciated...
  3. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  4. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  5. Script for PowerShell opens with MSword only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script for PowerShell opens with MSword only: Hi, I hope you are well.Please check the sample script I have in the picture. It used to open in PowerShell ISE when I press edit. But now, It only opens with Word. I am not able to change anywhere.I tried to choose open with option but doesn't show PowerShell or ISE. Can you...
  6. Script for PowerShell opens with MSword only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script for PowerShell opens with MSword only: Hi, I hope you are well.Please check the sample script I have in the picture. It used to open in PowerShell ISE when I press edit. But now, It only opens with Word. I am not able to change anywhere.I tried to choose open with option but doesn't show PowerShell or ISE. Can you...
  7. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  8. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  9. Cannot open HTML files

Cannot open HTML files: I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm Please...
  10. HTML tables in Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    HTML tables in Powershell: All your HTML Tables are belong to us - Evotec GitHub - iainbrighton/PScribo: PowerShell documentation framework 135872