Windows 10: How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input?

Discus and support How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Assuming that my second monitor is on my right, I can create and move a new tab in Chrome with the key sequence CTRL-n... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marco Faustinelli, Sep 27, 2019.

1. How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input?

Assuming that my second monitor is on my right, I can create and move a new tab in Chrome with the key sequence

CTRL-n

Windows-Shift-ArrowRight

I assume that a similar sequence exists for any browser.

Question is: can I relieve the user from all these manipulations and do it programmatically from within a browser page?

The command window.open() creates a popup, but AFAIK its field of action is limited to the current viewport. Am I right?

How could I emulate the keyboard sequence in JavaScript on a Windows machine?

I am aware that JavaScript can create keyboard-related events, but AFAIK their usage is supposed to be limited to the scope of the current page. How can I use them at browser level?

:)

Marco Faustinelli, Sep 27, 2019

2. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Edge browser continiously opens on primary monitor and I need it to open (to it's full size) on second monitor!

How oh how do you make this Edge browser open on my second monitor and then remember to open there? This is driving me crazy! It continuously opens on the primary monitor, and then I have to move it to the second monitor and expand the window EVERY
    TIME! Come on Microsoft! Windows 7 did this with no issues...why have you taken such a step backward? This is so frustrating!

JenniferRE, Sep 27, 2019
  4. How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input?

Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input?

1. How to open a new browser tab on a second monitor. Maybe by emulating keyboard input? - Similar Threads - open browser tab

2. when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...: when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It is disturbed for me .GIve me instruction to avoid this problem...
  3. when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It...: when scroll the mouse on browser or anywhere then automatic open new tab on browser .It is disturbed for me .GIve me instruction to avoid this problem...
  4. Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...: Is there any way at all to force TabTip to only open on my touch screen? This is driving me crazy. Not really a point to use an external monitor with the touch screen keyboard of tabtip is going to focus in the wrong monitor.I want to use the second monitor to talk in...
  5. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  6. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  7. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  8. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  9. New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background: As known in Windows 10 new tabs now open in the background. This drives me nuts since I prefer the old way whereby clicking a link automatically opens and take you to the new tab in the forefront. Is there anyway to reset Firefox and Edge so that tabs open in the foreground...
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open tab in second monitor