Windows 10: How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

Discus and support How to open a quick access folder in it's original location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have several folders pinned to quick access. Many of the folders are 6+ levels deep in a corporate filing structure.I would like to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LW02, Sep 15, 2021.

1. LW02 Win User

How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

Hi,I have several folders pinned to quick access. Many of the folders are 6+ levels deep in a corporate filing structure.I would like to be able to quickly open any folder pinned to quick access in the format that shows that folder with the triangle expand/collapse arrows. Is there a way to do that? If not, how do I make that suggestion to Microsoft?Thanks.

:)

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 15, 2021
  4. How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

1. How to open a quick access folder in it's original location - Similar Threads - open quick access

2. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  3. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  4. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick Access Folders

Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  6. Quick Access linking folders to same location

Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  7. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  8. Quick Access linking folders to same location

9. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  10. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location: so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program setups folder, but its still named 3D objects. i can't rename the shortcut either. does anyone have an idea how i can fix...