Windows 10: How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window?

Discus and support How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to launch a new video player process every time I open an mp4. Currently whatever was already playing in the video player gets replaced. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__ace__sapphire, May 29, 2020.

1. How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window?

I want to launch a new video player process every time I open an mp4. Currently whatever was already playing in the video player gets replaced. How do I do that?

submitted by /u/__ace__sapphire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__ace__sapphire, May 29, 2020

2. Unable to open videos and movies in Windows 10 default media player.

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What type of video file were you trying to open?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter? This tool automatically diagnoses and repairs common issues that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly.

As a workaround, you can try to right-click on the video files and select
    Properties
    > Opens With: Change > select
    Windows Media Player.

Also, try to change the default app for opening video files to Windows Media Player. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I, search for Default app settings and click on it.
    • Under Video player, click on the button and change to
      Windows Media Player.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 29, 2020
  3. nags9723 Win User
    Nokia N8 Video player

Hi,

The default nokia N8 Video player (Menu --> Videos) does not show files other than .dcf or .wmv or .avi in the videos list. We have to navigate to the E:\Video Clips and open the file from there.

The videos we record are saved as .mp4 files and the edited video also is in .mp4 so they are not listed in the video player list but stored in E:\Video Clips. Is this the default behaviur or is there any settings to display the files other than .dcf or
    wmv or avi in he video list?

Regards,

Naga

nags9723, May 29, 2020
  4. How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window?

give me another video players for playimg all videos

For now, there is no alternative video player available on windows phone. It is kind of sad really.

Luckily, I have a couple of suggestions.

• You could convert your videos on your phone to windows phone format using many video encoders. My personal favourite is an open source software called Vid Coder.
    • VLC media player which is available for all other platforms is finally coming to windows phone. But we just don't know when it is launching. S

Jay_answers, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window?

1. How to open a video files in their own, new, video player window? - Similar Threads - open video files

2. no videos opening in my media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no videos opening in my media player: some vidoes are not opening in my system it showing error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-videos-opening-in-my-media-player/2d84bd9a-f834-44c9-8009-f00ededcc194
  3. Cannot open .alm video files with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open .alm video files with Windows Media Player: I have just bought a new laptop with pre-installed Windows 11. The default video player is the new Windows Media Player version 11.2210.33.0.My problem is the following: I tried playing a very old game which has some cutscenes recorded in the .alm format. Whenever these...
  4. Cannot open .alm video files with Windows Media Player

Cannot open .alm video files with Windows Media Player: I have just bought a new laptop with pre-installed Windows 11. The default video player is the new Windows Media Player version 11.2210.33.0.My problem is the following: I tried playing a very old game which has some cutscenes recorded in the .alm format. Whenever these...
  5. video players

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video players: The video players all of them makes my videos look very sharp like outlines whatsoever how do I fix this? i tried making it high resolution it doesn't work, I tried adjusting the settings on media player doesn't fix it. When I send the videos to my phone perfectly fine! This...
  6. video player

in Windows 10 Customization
    video player: I have a request. On most of my sites that I visit a floating video player keeps popping up and covers too much of the page that I am trying to read. There used to be an extension that would disable this, but the person who ran that, stopped handling it. This happens in...
  7. Video player

Video player: How can I upgrade my video player on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-player/7c07e8ba-8bd6-448b-9b1d-729cde2e3af7
  8. Video player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video player: Video playback is in washed out colour almost black and white. Looking for way how to fix it. Windows 10, 64 bit, AMD HP all in one comp. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-player/bd349ed6-54ef-47a2-9943-df99791ecd0f
  9. Video files that don't open with any type of player

Video files that don't open with any type of player: Hi. Some vids hosted on zippyshare and similar other sites took my interest so I downloaded them. The files are the size they were stated to be and have an mp4 extension but they don't play with any of my players nor load with any editor/converter program. The mediainfo app...
  10. video player

video player: How do I find out what video player I have. And, how do I fix the playback from freezing and/or skipping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/video-player/45d9f1f8-b4cc-4c77-b679-efae2ddb333f