Windows 10: How to open an app upon sign in?

Discus and support How to open an app upon sign in? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm brand new to Windows. I just purchased a Mini PC off of Amazon with Windows 10. 1. How do I have an application automatically launch when I log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dallaskruse, Jan 25, 2020.

1. How to open an app upon sign in?

I'm brand new to Windows. I just purchased a Mini PC off of Amazon with Windows 10.

1. How do I have an application automatically launch when I log in or turn on the computer? I tried dragging this
    Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
    Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn’t an option for Open file location, it means the app can’t run at startup.
    With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
    Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.

but since there was no option to OPEN FILE LOCATION, I couldn't add it to startup.

I also tried dragging an alias into the WINDOWS > STARTUP folder.

2. How would I control this computer without a keyboard/mouse? Is this possible? I'm using this MINI PC inside a small box and using it on stage and don't want to have to plug in a keyboard/mouse. Is there some sort of IR remote control capability?

Any help is appreciated.

:)

dallaskruse, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to open an app upon sign in? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 25, 2020
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

How to open an app upon sign in?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

How to open an app upon sign in?

1. How to open an app upon sign in? - Similar Threads - open app upon

2. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  3. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  4. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How can I make a PWA App go fullscreen automatically upon opening it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make a PWA App go fullscreen automatically upon opening it?: Hey guys,I'd like to know how I can get a PWA app to go fullscreen automatically, so that I don't have to use F11 everytime I want my Disney+ PWA app to go fullscreen lol.Thank you....
  6. How can I make a PWA App go fullscreen automatically upon opening it?

How can I make a PWA App go fullscreen automatically upon opening it?: Hey guys,I'd like to know how I can get a PWA app to go fullscreen automatically, so that I don't have to use F11 everytime I want my Disney+ PWA app to go fullscreen lol.Thank you....
  7. windows store apps crash upon opening

windows store apps crash upon opening: I've tried everything I can, this is a fresh install of windows and I've reinstalled the windows store through power shell. No matter what I do apps in the windows store close half a second after they're opened, and sometimes they don't even open at all...
  8. App on desktop immediately closes upon opening

App on desktop immediately closes upon opening: When I try to open up an app on my Windows 10 desktop, the app immediately closes itself. I have tried researching the issue myself but was unsuccessful. For example, when I click to open Minecraft, it shows the Mojang logo then closes. I cannot go to the Microsoft app store...
  9. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...
  10. Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening: Hi all, First off, I've tried numerous fixes suggested in other threads with the same issue; they either didn't work or were not an option to me due to this being an issue with multiple computers/users across my organisation. Quite a few users in my organisation have...