Windows 10: How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have transferred photos and videos from an iPhone X to the Windows 10 laptop but am unable to open the HEIC file. It displays install additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coody, Jul 6, 2019.

1. coody Win User

How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

I have transferred photos and videos from an iPhone X to the Windows 10 laptop but am unable to open the HEIC file. It displays install additional codices to work with this file and download codices at the Microsoft Store. But that extension is not free. Isn’t there a way to open the Apple HEIC and MOV files in Windows 10 for free, or I should download a tool from the Apple Store to open the HEIC and MOV files in Windows 10 PC? Thank you for your help.

:)

coody, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  3. suedama Win User
    HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Jul 6, 2019
  4. How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC?

1. How to open Apple HEIC file in windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - open Apple HEIC

2. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  3. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  4. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot open HEIC files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open HEIC files on windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm having trouble opening photos with the HEIC extension.I have installed the missing extensions HEIF and HEIC.I've scoured a lot of forums but there's no answer. If you can help me, I'd be grateful.Best regards...
  6. Cannot open HEIC files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open HEIC files on windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm having trouble opening photos with the HEIC extension.I have installed the missing extensions HEIF and HEIC.I've scoured a lot of forums but there's no answer. If you can help me, I'd be grateful.Best regards...
  7. How to open .HEIC files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open .HEIC files: I just got a bunch of photos from a friends' iPhone but I can't open them on my Windows 10. They are all encoded as .heic files: [ATTACH] If I open any of those files in the Photos app, it shows that it can't read them. If I then go into Settings and scroll down, it has...
  8. How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures: Students are sending me homework as .HEIC pictures. According to How-to Geek, this is easy if you have the April 2018 update of Win 10 (mine: Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362). However, I can't find where the button to "Click the 'Download codecs at Microsoft Store' link in...
  9. How to open HEIC file in windows desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open HEIC file in windows desktop: I downloaded photos from i Phone in miccroSD CARD but unable to open. It says download HEIC codecs. The payment option is in US $ whereas I have Debit/Credit card of Indian Rupee. Please guide Avinas Mehta....
  10. how do I open a heic file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open a heic file: How do I open a heic file in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-heic-file/835941ec-1fa2-4574-be21-24564b9d4d66"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening heic files

2. opening .heic files

3. windows version 18362 heic

4. apple heic windows 10,
  5. win 10 heic,
  6. file explorer not showing thumbnails of HEIC format photos www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  7. open heic files,
  8. HEIC extension