Windows 10: How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]In this post, we will learn how to open the Command Prompt window at the Login screen or Boot on your Windows PC. Command Prompt (cmd.exe) is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 29, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10

How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    In this post, we will learn how to open the Command Prompt window at the Login screen or Boot on your Windows PC. Command Prompt (cmd.exe) is the default command line interpreter for Windows. It is faster than regular GUI and uses less memory. If you have a slow processor and know commands to perform […]

This article How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 29, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Rinko Win User

Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

Hello,

I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2, win+shift+print screen?

I saw some youtube videos and all of those used windows 10 file to bring cmd.exe. I heard, there might have any key to open cmd.exe while starting pc like windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Rinko, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

1. How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - open Command Prompt

2. how to open command prompt in lock screen in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open command prompt in lock screen in windows 11: i accidently disabled all startup program in my windows 11 pc now its asking for set new pin but the problem is it cant go further it just keep asking for set new pin...
  3. how to open command prompt in lock screen in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open command prompt in lock screen in windows 11: i accidently disabled all startup program in my windows 11 pc now its asking for set new pin but the problem is it cant go further it just keep asking for set new pin...
  4. Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Is Command Prompt not working or opening on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a complete guide on how to fix the problem of CMD not launching or working properly on your system. Command Prompt or CMD is a prominent command-line tool in Windows that allows you to execute...
  5. How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?: Basically, I have a laptop and I want to challenge myself to break into it while not use any tools at all (no installation media to open cmd, etc.) and when looking on the internet, the only option is to have installation media so I can choose Repair your Computer and open...
  6. windows boots into black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    windows boots into black screen with command prompt: Noticed today that there was an update ready to install so I went ahead with it. During the update process I accidentally hit f8 at my bios screen and booted into windows boot manager. Realizing my mistake I went ahead and exited it and hoped that the update would be...
  7. Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10: Hello, I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2,...
  8. Open Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without...
  9. Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your...
  10. Unable to login to boot command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to login to boot command prompt: Hi, I have just used the SHIFT-Restart option to activate the Windows 10 Troubleshooting and tried to open a command prompt. It asked for a password. I entered my password but was told it was incorrect. I booted normally using the PIN I normally use, and went...