Windows 10: How to open email link with microsoft mail

Discus and support How to open email link with microsoft mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally chose chrome as my predefined app to open email links, how can I change it?? Edit: Nevermind, I found it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnaSbizzera, May 16, 2020.

1. How to open email link with microsoft mail

Hi,

I accidentally chose chrome as my predefined app to open email links, how can I change it??

Edit: Nevermind, I found it

:)

AnnaSbizzera, May 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2020
  3. skiahh Win User
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, May 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to open email link with microsoft mail

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to open email link with microsoft mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to open email link with microsoft mail

1. How to open email link with microsoft mail - Similar Threads - open email link

2. Links in email won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email won't open.: Links in email won't open. I have the latest Windows 10 update installed. I tried changing default browsers to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-email-wont-open/0084757b-2903-451f-b40f-260ef8968e2f
  3. Links in Mail open slowly

Links in Mail open slowly: For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately, but now they don't. I'm running Version 16005.12624.20368.0 of Mail on Windows 10, and my default browser is Firefox. I'd give...
  4. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  5. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  6. How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?: I'm in Firefox's options and it's giving me the option to choose Thunderbird, Yahoo or Gmail, but I want to use the Windows 10 mail app. However when I select "choose other" and go to either Program Files or Program Files (86), I do see Windows Mail, but all I have is...
  7. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  8. Windows 10 mail linked emails question

Windows 10 mail linked emails question: Windows 10 pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 So this only started a few months back, all my emails disappeared and in the mail program, all it showed was Email 1 (4 accounts) Email 2 (2 accounts) and so on... So i was able to figure out how to split them back up...
  9. Difficulty opening links in emails..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty opening links in emails..: When I click on links in emails I'm taken to a grey coloured page with a small "e" in the centre and then to a hyperlink and a box that says "waiting for response" however bo response comes. This is not how my email usually works. I'm appreciative of any help....
  10. Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0

in Browsers and Email
    Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0: I have two Comcast email accounts on Mail. I can open email links on Comcast site, but not in Mail. Any ideas how to do such? I have attached what I get when trying to open the link. 90825