Windows 10: How to Open .eml files?

Discus and support How to Open .eml files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Mail App doesn't seem capable. It can't open .eml files either. 24494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

How to Open .eml files?

The Mail App doesn't seem capable.
    It can't open .eml files either.

:)

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015

2. file associations and eml files

There was some program which opened .eml tutorial files before file association was changed.

Is that program listed in Open with submenu of Context menu for .eml files? (Open a folder with your .eml files with File Explorer, right click an .eml file, select
    Open with in context menu, and see the 'Open with' submenu).

If the program is listed:

Select Choose another app in Open with submenu.

In How do you open such file list/dialog, select the desired program, check 'Always use this app to open .eml files' checkbox, and press 'OK' screen button.

Sergiy Shklyar, Sep 28, 2015
  3. how do I import .eml files to windows 10 mail?

What exactly do you mean by this?

1. How do you "go to the WLM data store" ??

2. And when you get there, how do you "open an eml file" ??

WLM data store

Goto File -> Options -> Mail -> Advanced tab -> Click on Maintenance -> Click on Store Folder

This will show where WLM stores it's data. Copy and paste into Explorer

In here you will see folders with your email accounts find the correct one and you will see your emails with .eml on the end

Open an EML file

If you double click on a .eml it will open with WLM if you right click and "open with" you can choose "Mail" the Win 10 Mail app and it open with the Win 10 Mail app instead of WLM

Grandpa666, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

How to Open .eml files?

5. elbeasto Win User
    Yeah, I've struggled on with Mail app for long enough - it's a mobile app as the default on a so called desktop OS. Very disappointing.

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, there are some freeware readers e.g. Free Download EML Reader to Open EML Documents if you just want to open the occasional email.

Installing a 3rd party client will do that too, of course.

MS has been desperately inconsistent in its providing or not providing an email client for Win 7 on. Given its inconsistent policy, the best thing is to use a 3rd party client e.g. Thunderbird if you want the advantage of being able to quickly handle multiple accounts and keep and search historic emails.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Open .eml files?

1. How to Open .eml files? - Similar Threads - Open eml files

2. .EML FILES IN EVERY FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .EML FILES IN EVERY FOLDER: Yesterday, I when i open my computer i saw 'mypcname-pc.eml' files in every folder of windows of C: drive including desktop and chrome and some other softwares not opening and when i checked the task manager i saw a process named runouce.exe which was strange because i didn't...
  3. How to print EML files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to print EML files: I have received via my email a document with EMLfiles and can't seem to print it. I have tried various things but have not been successful. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-eml-files/0ba9ef55-4497-437c-9d2f-2f2a5ede33d2
  4. What is EML File?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is EML File?: I got Error Message 0x800707780 EML File----What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-eml-file/b6709c34-5418-4168-bc40-d7b90bc7b0be
  5. EML (.eml) Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  6. How can I migrate EML files to MSG files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I migrate EML files to MSG files?: If I migrate of EML files into MSG files on Mac OS, then please me how can I do that? 129241
  7. EML file in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EML file in one drive: How can I open and print an EML file that is in ONE Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eml-file-in-one-drive/000b3ab2-3483-4707-9d74-39aca20c91cd"
  8. Convert .eml files to .pst

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert .eml files to .pst: dears, I am using the mail app for windows 10, and I am planing to move to cloud service *office365 and I want to use outlook, so how can I migrate from .eml to .pst without using third party tool, is't possible? and if its possible how can import to outlook 2013,2016?...
  9. Open eml files correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Open eml files correctly: What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273
  10. How do I change the default setting for .eml files?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change the default setting for .eml files?: I started using a new mail client...Mailbird. I want to save certain emails in the external hard drive. Mailbird explained how to save them as *.eml files. However, when I try to open one, it defaulted to the built-in Windows 10 app called 'Mail'. So, I went to the default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///E:/video/45788/

2. SOFTWARE TO OPEN EML - MSG FILES IN WIN 10 IN UK

3. eml file windows mail

4. windows 10 gpo fro eml files,
  5. multiple eml reader for windows 10