Windows 10: How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

Discus and support How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so sometimes I have Notepad open and I close off the folder where that text file I opened it from. But then I accidentally close off Notepad, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Sep 7, 2018.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

Hi, so sometimes I have Notepad open and I close off the folder where that text file I opened it from. But then I accidentally close off Notepad, then a second later, I noticed that I needed that Notepad file open again.

Is there any other method of Searching/Going back to that folder with the text file was in, that I can just type something on the keyboard and re-open that specific text file. Also assume it was some other file or program that I had open, and and want to re-open it.

Something similar to the idea of "CTRL+Z"

Something like that. I have Macro Express Pro, is there any command I can do in that? Or any other method?

Thanks.

:)

pepanee, Sep 7, 2018
  2. mic1217 Win User

3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Sep 7, 2018
  4. RolandDuBree Win User

Loading windows 10 and 3rd party programs

Sounds to me like the short answer is: When upgrading to Windows 10 all 3rd party programs like Quickbooks, Quicken, Office student 2010, Excel & Word and other 3rd party programs will be erased from the hard drive and have to be re-installed from their
    original disks. Correct? A simple answer YES or NO was all that was required!

With YES as an answer, here is another good reason not to bother with the upgrade.

RolandDuBree, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?) - Similar Threads - Open Last Window

2. Keeping programs open

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping programs open: My granddaughter seen me using my laptop yesterday .If I wish to use a program I double click the desktop icon and it opens up. She told me why don't you just leave the programs you use most of the time just close them down to the task bar so they will open quickly . Would...
  3. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....
  4. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  5. How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar: Hey. Hope I can explain this correctly. I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously when I used to open programs on my taskbar (say Firefox) the icon would stretch and the window would be open. Now when I click on the icon, the programs open but the...
  6. How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10: Hi everybody, I use Windows 10 and would like to once Explorer.exe allows me to choose the program that I want to open the .iso files. I would like added "Open with" "VLC media player" for the .iso file in addition to programs that are already in the list. [img]...
  7. Windows programs not opening.

Windows programs not opening.: Hello, I have recently upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 after it finish installing I reset my computer(Via the recovery tab). I then started installing my programs and everything was going well, but when I logged in the next day I couldn't open Task Manager or the admin...
  8. Touchpad Gesture 3rd Party Support

Touchpad Gesture 3rd Party Support: Hi everyone! I'm really enjoying Windows 10, but I think there is one thing that would really make my user experience better. More customizable trackpad shortcuts. I would like to create a macro that runs when I do things such as side swipes that used to bring the charms bar...
  9. Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening: Hi all, I installed the latest Creators Update, but apps/programs I installed (e.g. Chrome, Office, Netflix) have disappeared from the start menu. They will appear in the search in the start menu, but installed apps like Netflix will not open. I have already tried this:...
  10. Starting new program opens program window in background

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting new program opens program window in background: Hello, I have this problem - when I start any program its window appears in background - behind others. Even it is the first program I start its windows is not active and I need to click it to make active. That issue appeared when I was with Windows 8.1 and after upgrade to...