Windows 10: How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Discus and support How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is great when it comes to multitasking, it has floating windows, the taskbar, and many other features to increase your productivity. In this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 30, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Windows 10 is great when it comes to multitasking, it has floating windows, the taskbar, and many other features to increase your productivity. In this article, we present you with another trick to increase your productivity, that allows you to open your Local Files on your browser. Because of this feature, you won’t have to […]

This article How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 30, 2021

2. importing firefox bookmarks to edge

To import bookmarks from Firefox (or Chrome) to Microsoft Edge, you will have to use Internet Explorer:

• Open the web browser you wish to export bookmarks from, and export your bookmarks to an HTML file.
      • In Firefox, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+, click Import and Backup ->
        Export Bookmarks to HTML...
        [*]In Chrome, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[O], click Organize ->
        Export bookmarks to HTML file...

[*]Close Firefox/Chrome.
      [*]Open Internet Explorer (click Start, type "iexplore", and press [Enter]).

[*]Press [Alt]+[C], click the dropdown next to "Add to favorites", and click
      Import and export...

[*]Choose Import from a file and click [Next].
      [*]Follow the wizard and point it to the HTML file you saved in step 1.
      [*]Close Internet Explorer and open Microsoft Edge.
      [*]Click the Hub (three lines) toolbar icon and click the (dim)
      Import favorites link.
      [*]Choose to import your favorites from Internet Explorer, and click [Import].

That said, at this time my recommendation would be to stay with Firefox unless you're having problems with it stuttering/freezing on script intensive sites like Amazon. Firefox is currently the worlds fastest web browser (scoring just above Chrome but
    about twice as high as Edge according to
    FutureMark), and it supports more technologies than Edge. And if Microsoft's past record on security with IE continues, Firefox is a much safer choice too. Mozilla usually
    patches most zero-day vulnerabilities in days after discovery compared to Microsoft's historical months or even years. Not to mention that Firefox uses ClearType font rendering which is easier to read (if tuned correctly—Search -> "clear" -> click
    Adjust ClearType text) and is less choppy looking than Edge's Windows 9x/ME grayscale anti-aliasing font rendering.

Techie007L, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Critical ERRORS : other pages will work ; ie : Firefox - Chrome will open Edge will NOT open

other pages will work ie : Firefox - Chrome will open Edge will NOT open

maryacats20, Mar 30, 2021
  4. How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

Somehow chrome & firefox have appeared in the list of forbidden aplications in family panel of Microsoft account.

That's why these apps were closing just after you have opened them.

Removing chrome & firefox from that list solves the problem.

Have a nice day.

RafałWiatrowski, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

1. How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge - Similar Threads - open Local Files

2. A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.: My venerable Toshiba Satellite L505 that runs both Windows XP and Windows 7 was awakened, to Windows 7, from an overnight rest. It displayed a new 'sign' that displayed the name of a program that was going to open and offered the option of saving it to Downloads or discarding...
  3. A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.: My venerable Toshiba Satellite L505 that runs both Windows XP and Windows 7 was awakened, to Windows 7, from an overnight rest. It displayed a new 'sign' that displayed the name of a program that was going to open and offered the option of saving it to Downloads or discarding...
  4. This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file

in Browsers and Email
    This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file: 1 Go to the Favourites / Bookmarks page using[Firefox]Ctrl-Shift-O [Edge]Ctrl-Shift-O or, for an easier view to work with, Ctrl-Shift-O, , Open favourites pageand then, assuming you have several bookmark folders, browse to your chosen folder. 2 Add a new bookmark...
  5. Chrome and Firefox won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome and Firefox won't open: So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and restart the Windows Explorer process, but even after restarting it, Chrome still closed a few seconds after opening it. I tried...
  6. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  7. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  8. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  9. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.: I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help. 83073
  10. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...