Windows 10: How to open MSG file with windows mail app?

Discus and support How to open MSG file with windows mail app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, Is it possible to open an MSG email in windows 10 mail and calendar application? We want to replace the Outlook desktop client, but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IT-BMH, Oct 9, 2020.

1. IT-BMH Win User

How to open MSG file with windows mail app?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to open an MSG email in windows 10 mail and calendar application?

We want to replace the Outlook desktop client, but there is a drawback that we cannot open the MSG format.

Many thanks,
    BMH-IT

:)

IT-BMH, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to open MSG file with windows mail app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to open MSG file with windows mail app? - Similar Threads - open MSG file

2. Outlook not opening saved .msg files while open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not opening saved .msg files while open: Hello all,I have saved a template email that I use every month to my desktop from outlook. I can have outlook email open when I save the file, and when open the file from my desktop for the first time. However, when I close the .msg file and try to open it again with my email...
  3. Outlook not opening saved .msg files while open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook not opening saved .msg files while open: Hello all,I have saved a template email that I use every month to my desktop from outlook. I can have outlook email open when I save the file, and when open the file from my desktop for the first time. However, when I close the .msg file and try to open it again with my email...
  4. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  5. Windows Mail app will not open

Windows Mail app will not open: This morning when I went to check my email, the mail tile will not open. I click on it, there is a momentary pause showing the mail screen, and then.... nothing. I restarted the computer but still nothing. I didn't change any settings or do anything. The tile just stopped...
  6. Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365: I saved a number of email using Outlook 365 File - Save as function. I now can't open the .MSG file. Outlook can't open it and Googling for an answer I find File Viewer Plus in the Microsoft store but it won't open it either unless I pay for the upgrade! I don't usually...
  7. Msg "Opening ...."

in Browsers and Email
    Msg "Opening ....": Clicking on a shortcut icon on desktop, or in any of the app anchored to the toolbar , it runs but I get this message [img] How to avoid this? Thanks in advance 58610
  8. Windows 10 Mail app will not open.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app will not open.: Three days after what appeared to be a smooth upgrade from Windows 8.1, I experienced a problem with complete loss of Start screen, Start button and Search was also none active. The only solution appeared to be to create another user account which seemed to bring things back...
  9. Is there a way to disable "how do you want to open this file?" msg?

Is there a way to disable "how do you want to open this file?" msg?: Hi there, whenever I install a new program, Windows now asks me, whether I want to use the current program I already have or the new program to open a supported filetype. [img] Since I'm quite certain that I know if and when I want to change the program I use, I...
  10. Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?: Sometimes when I double click a DOCX in file explorer to open it in Word 2010 I get this message [img] But Word opens the file OK. If I close Word and double click it again it's OK. It's not a particular DOCX, it happens on any DOCX. But it appears to be any DOCX on...