Windows 10: How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player?

Discus and support How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can do this with VLC media player which I have, but I like to use films and tv for just personal preference for some mp4 videos, but every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Burgr, Dec 11, 2019.

1. /u/_Burgr Win User

How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player?

I know you can do this with VLC media player which I have, but I like to use films and tv for just personal preference for some mp4 videos, but every time I open another mp4 while another one is open, it plays the second mp4 but in the same windows, making the other mp4 stop playing. Is there any way to have multiple mp4's playing at the same time ?

submitted by /u/_Burgr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Burgr, Dec 11, 2019

2. Subtitles are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

I used the same name of the video file and the .srt file in the same folder but subtitles are not working in both Windows 10 Media Player and Film & TV app.

How to run subtitles in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app ?

Saurav_Sarkar, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Crob1311 Win User
    Film and TV app codecs, Windows 10

I have a digital recorder that saves the files in '.ts' format, which by default opens in the Film and TV app in windows 10, but then states that the format is not compatible. The files open fine and play in 'Windows Media Player' however they will not display
    as thumbnails in 'File Explorer' which they did in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded. I can convert them to '.mp4' and then see the thumbnails. The files will then play in 'Film and TV' and in 'Media Player'. Is this a codec problem, or would I be better served
    just getting rid of the Film and TV app and setting all the defaults to Media Player?

I understand there are a very large number of video formats about, but Media Player clearly has the necessary codec and Film and TV on the same computer does not.

Just to confuse the issue I have other '.ts' files from a different source, which play fine in both apps.

Any suggestions as I would much prefer to have one centre for handling and viewing my videos?

Crob1311, Dec 11, 2019
  4. How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player?

video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app but audio is playing.

how to watch videos and subtitles of .MKV file in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app.

Saurav_Sarkar, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player?

1. How to open multiple instances/windows of films and tv media player? - Similar Threads - open multiple instances

2. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  3. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  4. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  5. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  6. Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.: This completely baffles me as I could have sworn this was a feature in 10, I don't understand why this is an issue. It's so basic. I want to watch two .mp4 video files side by side to compare them. When I click on one file it opens either Media Player or the Films & TV...
  7. Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.

Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.: This completely baffles me as I could have sworn this was a feature in 10, I don't understand why this is an issue. It's so basic. I want to watch two .mp4 video files side by side to compare them. When I click on one file it opens either Media Player or the Films & TV...
  8. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  9. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  10. Films & TV, Windows Media Player sometimes has codec issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Films & TV, Windows Media Player sometimes has codec issues: I have intermittent issues with the Films & TV app and Windows Media Player saying the file type is not supported, or the codec is not supported. What's confusing me is sometimes it does play the exact same videos, and sometimes it doesn't. I don't understand how sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows movies and tv multiple instances