Windows 10: How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go

Discus and support How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The introduction of the new Taskbar in Windows 7 changed how (many) Windows users loaded applications on their devices. The ability to pin programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 5, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go

The introduction of the new Taskbar in Windows 7 changed how (many) Windows users loaded applications on their devices.

The ability to pin programs (and other things) directly to the taskbar allowed them to bypass the Start Menu entirely when they wanted to launch these programs. While Windows offered an option to do so pre-Windows 7, by placing shortcuts on the desktop, it was the Start Menu that was used by many for that.

The Start Menu is still useful, even in Windows 10 as it offers access to all installed programs and other features. Some users prefer to install Start Menu replacements, a group of programs that came to prominence shortly after the release of Windows 8. Programs like Classic Shell (no longer in development), Classic Start, or Start10 all re-introduced classic reinterpretations of the Start Menu.

How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go windows-10-start-menu-660x462.jpg

One thing that you may notice when using the Start Menu is that it closes automatically when you select an entry, e.g. load a program that is pinned to it. If you wanted to start two programs from the Start Menu, or a program and the Settings app, you'd have to open the Start Menu twice as Windows closes it automatically after you make a selection

Starting a single application from Start is probably what most users do most of the time when they use the Start Menu. But what if you want to start multiple programs or tools from the Start Menu?

Turns out, there is an option to do just that. All you need to do is hold down the Windows-key on the keyboard when you select programs from the Start Menu. The Start Menu won't close automatically while you are keeping the Windows-key pressed.

Note: Holding down the Windows-key does not work on Windows 7 to keep the Start Menu open while you select applications or tools to start. I did not test this on a Windows 8.1 machine.

So, if you want to start multiple programs or tools from the Start Menu, just remember to hold down the Windows-key to do just that. (via Win Aero)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 5, 2019

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2019
  4. How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go

Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go

1. How to open multiple Windows Start Menu apps in one go - Similar Threads - open multiple Start

2. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  3. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  4. Open latest used window, when multiple windows of one app are opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open latest used window, when multiple windows of one app are opened: Hello,I was wondering, if theres some kind of setting, where I can set it to open automaticly latest used window of one application. Like lets say, that I have 2 windows of chrome opened and when I try to click on the icon in taskbar, it shows all the windows of the app and...
  5. Open latest used window, when multiple windows of one app are opened

Open latest used window, when multiple windows of one app are opened: Hello,I was wondering, if theres some kind of setting, where I can set it to open automaticly latest used window of one application. Like lets say, that I have 2 windows of chrome opened and when I try to click on the icon in taskbar, it shows all the windows of the app and...
  6. Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black: the apps that are black don't open nothing happens when I click on them what should I do? plzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-apps-dont-open-the-ones-that-are-black/313d63ec-e91f-4ca6-ab64-f8edebf94a96
  7. Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black

Multiple apps Don't open the ones that are black: the apps that are black don't open nothing happens when I click on them what should I do? plzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-apps-dont-open-the-ones-that-are-black/313d63ec-e91f-4ca6-ab64-f8edebf94a96
  8. How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu

How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu: Every time I press the start menu, I have to press a sub menu to list the apps. Is there any way to leave the apps showing permanently on the start menu? 133443
  9. How to open multiple apps at once from Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open multiple apps at once from Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you use the Windows 10 Start Menu to keep frequently used apps in one place, here is a neat trick for you. You can choose to launch or open multiple apps from the Start Menu in Windows 10. We [...] This post How to open multiple apps at once from Start...
  10. Clicking on one app opens another instead in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking on one app opens another instead in the Start Menu: As the title says, when I try to open a specific app (Plex), it opens that one plus another one (iTunes). I've tried reorganizing the tiles, removing them then pinning them back again but it still happens. I made sure I have the latest updates installed. Has anybody else run...