Windows 10: How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized

Discus and support How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I used to see a small arrow pointing upward on the task bar which I could click on to use a USB memory stick, but it's not there now + I did not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christine(#####), Feb 25, 2019.

1. How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized

So I used to see a small arrow pointing upward on the task bar which I could click on to use a USB memory stick, but it's not there now + I did not see any notification window pop open that I put it in. I have the USB stick in my pc now + have not been able to find how to open or eject it. I have looked into the Device Manager/USB Controllers but don't see USB Mass storage device, so it's not recognized.

I know how to drag + transfer the files once it's open no worries there. Oh I did have my pc in a local shop to remove some viruses, not sure if there's a connection or if this happened on another update.

Can I get the steps to help me, thanks.

:)

Christine(#####), Feb 25, 2019

2. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing.

Windows 10 Issue

How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized [​IMG]

How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine.

How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized [​IMG]

idahosurge, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Remounting ejected USB Flash drive in Win 10

Hi,

After I safely eject a USB flash drive, after a while, if I plug it back in again it is not recognised. How do I remount it.

It seems that I have to re-boot my PC to get it to recognise the USB flash drive again after safely ejecting. This is very inefficient if I need to do several file transfers intermittently. Is there a fix?

Thanks

Jeff

JeffreyOsborne, Feb 25, 2019
  4. How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized

ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized

1. How to open or eject a USB flash drive that's not recognized - Similar Threads - open eject USB

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives: I was troubleshooting a product issue and was advised by their customer support to update my usb drivers with the free version of "Driver Hub". After installing the new drivers the usb ports would not work properly so I reverted back to the old drivers. The problem now is the...
  4. No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No Right Click Eject menu For USB Flash Drives: I was troubleshooting a product issue and was advised by their customer support to update my usb drivers with the free version of "Driver Hub". After installing the new drivers the usb ports would not work properly so I reverted back to the old drivers. The problem now is the...
  5. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  6. Ejecting Flash Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ejecting Flash Drive Issue: Hi!Why is it every time I insert a flash drive then ejecting it, It's always saying that the drive is in use even though I don't have any running applications in the background? I tried formatting the drive not quick, inserting the drive, and eject it after a few seconds but...
  7. ejecting flash drives

ejecting flash drives: I have been having this issue. I get the issue fixed and it comes back. I do not like to just pull a flash drive out. It will damage them and they cost too much.It seems to be an issue in Windows 10 2004 but IDK for sure. When I right click the icon down by the clock the USB...
  8. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  9. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  10. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive: New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing. Windows 10 Issue [img] How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine. [img] 100030

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i eject my usb not recognized

2. Eject USB Flash Drive