Windows 10: How To Open .rbs Files?

Discus and support How To Open .rbs Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are four .RBS files in the C:ProgramData/Microsoft/Diagnosis folder. These are created by the DiagTrack service along with various numbers of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamis, Dec 17, 2016.

1. jamis Win User

How To Open .rbs Files?

There are four .RBS files in the CHow To Open .rbs Files? :programData/Microsoft/Diagnosis folder. These are created by the DiagTrack service along with various numbers of .XML files. Does anyone know what app. to use to open these .RBS file types? It's not a biggie, but curiosity has the better of me. I know this is part of the telemetry function and I know some folks don't think it's a big deal. I'm just wondering what's in these files. I searched the forums here, but got no hits using .RBS. Yes, I have taken ownership of these files (actually the entire Diagnosis folder) and can work with them. Here are the file names.
    Events CostDefered.rbs
    Events Normal.rbs
    Events NormalCritical.rbs
    Events Realtime.rbs

:)

jamis, Dec 17, 2016

2. how to find recently deleted files?

Got same empty Recycle Bin folder as when I opened it from RB icon on Desktop...

Rob'tBlack, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Rename a program in the control panel

I figured out how to deal with it. You can close this conversation.

RB

RuthSmith801, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

How To Open .rbs Files?

rbs-roll back script files. Script created during a software installation run by Windows Installer; contains a set of instructions used to restore the pre-installation system state if the installation does not complete; if the installation is successful, the file is deleted automatically.

The rollback script restores files saved in the corresponding rollback .RBF file. Both files are stored in a single archive named "Config.Msi."

Railtech, Dec 18, 2016
  5. jamis Win User
    OK, thanks, but can you open a .rbs file to see what the contents are? If so, how? Wondering what DiagTrack is installing, given the names of the files?

jamis, Dec 18, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I just opened a couple of .rbf and .rbs files on one of my test machines, and neither Notepad nor Notepad++ know what to do with its contents. It's some kind of binary notation that's not easily interpreted. From my reading of available documentation and other threads here, it's strictly rollback info to allow the Microsoft Installer to uninstall stuff previous installed. Not intended for human consumption, as far as I can tell.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 18, 2016
  7. jamis Win User
    Thanks!

jamis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How To Open .rbs Files?

1. How To Open .rbs Files? - Similar Threads - Open rbs Files

2. How to fix file not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix file not opening.: Hello, I've recently attempted to open up one of my apps. After attempting to open it, It would show a tab that says "C: Program FilesNVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce ExperienceNVIDIA GeForce Experie... Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce...
  3. WINDOWS 11 FOR RBS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 FOR RBS: Device name: Razer Blade Stealth 13Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB/ GeForce MX150 - 256 GB Model: RZ09-02812E System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Does anyone have a clue when this will receive the Windows 11...
  4. WINDOWS 11 FOR RBS

WINDOWS 11 FOR RBS: Device name: Razer Blade Stealth 13Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB/ GeForce MX150 - 256 GB Model: RZ09-02812E System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Does anyone have a clue when this will receive the Windows 11...
  5. How to open .action files?

How to open .action files?: I signed up for social security and the documentation paperwork sent is a pdf in .action format. I can read and print the documents while on the s.s. page but when I save it it saves as a .action and I can not open it. I've tried Foxit reader and Adobe reader dc, and neither...
  6. How to open .HEIC files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open .HEIC files: I just got a bunch of photos from a friends' iPhone but I can't open them on my Windows 10. They are all encoded as .heic files: [ATTACH] If I open any of those files in the Photos app, it shows that it can't read them. If I then go into Settings and scroll down, it has...
  7. How to open a .bundle file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a .bundle file?: I have a .bundle file that I want to extract. Is there a program that can do that? I've heard that Unity and Git can but I have no money and no experience for those. If I use Git, what commands do I enter?...
  8. How to Open .eml files?

How to Open .eml files?: The Mail App doesn't seem capable. It can't open .eml files either. 24494
  9. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366