Windows 10: How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to open Task Manager as admin in Windows 11 or Windows 10, then this post will show you how. There are multiple methods you can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 10, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10

How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10 How-to-open-Task-Manager-as-Admin.png
    If you want to open Task Manager as admin in Windows 11 or Windows 10, then this post will show you how. There are multiple methods you can use to run Task Manager with administrative rights on Windows 11/10 PC. The Task Manager can be used for different purposes, e.g., to check running processes, manage startup […]

This article How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 settings, and task manager wont open.

My Command (admin) will not open. Command will not open, task manager will not open. All since upgrade to creator edition yesterday.

Since I CANNOT get to Command prompt (admin) none of the above solution will work, obviously.

what next? format c:\*.*?????

There is a solution out there somewhere, right????

LionelBooth, May 10, 2022
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, May 10, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Open Task Manager in Windows 10

[Edited for clarity 21:09 GMT]

Has anybody found out how to open Task manager when Windows starts with it already minimised to the System tray?

Opening it automatically is always a two-step process: opening it with an Admin-level TS task and then minimising it by manually clicking on its minimise button.

It does not obey any common methods when started automatically [such as adding /min -Hide or similar to the command itself] and I have not found any solution online.

It fails to respond when Windows starts to a shortcut in either Startup folder so the job has to be done with a TS task [and that task must be an Admin one].

The best I have been able to do is make it open minimised to the TaskBar so it then takes two clicks to get it minimised to the System tray [but it feels slightly more convenient than the alternatives as it leaves the desktop clear].

Any ideas?

Denis

Thema:

1. How to open Task Manager as Admin in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - open Task Manager

2. How to open the task manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to open the task manager in Windows 11: Modern operating systems are like icebergs. Windows 11 is no different. The tools and utilities that most people use on a daily basis are the tip of the iceberg. These would be all your conventional apps like Settings, your web browser of choice, and any other apps that...
  3. Task Manager wont open Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager wont open Windows 11: I have Windows 11 Home, it was an insider build on the Dev Channel, says "Evaluation Copy. Build 22563.ni_release.220219-1637". I had access to the new Task Manager for Windows 11, and i tried to use the button to reduce task manager size to only basic processes, and it...
  4. Task Manager wont open Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager wont open Windows 11: I have Windows 11 Home, it was an insider build on the Dev Channel, says "Evaluation Copy. Build 22563.ni_release.220219-1637". I had access to the new Task Manager for Windows 11, and i tried to use the button to reduce task manager size to only basic processes, and it...
  5. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  6. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  7. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...
  9. How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a Specific Tab: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Task Manager opens to the Processes tab by default, but you can now set the default tab to open. This is a new feature that has been added in Windows 10 v 1903 May 2019 Update. The Task [...] This post How to make Windows 10 Task Manager open to a...
  10. Open Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Open Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Open Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 16215,...