Windows 10: How to Open the Apps After Resetting

Discus and support How to Open the Apps After Resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just reset my pcwindows 10 and I selected the option that keeps my personal files. When the reset was completed, not all programs and applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryX233, Feb 10, 2021.

1. BarryX233 Win User

How to Open the Apps After Resetting

I just reset my pcwindows 10 and I selected the option that keeps my personal files. When the reset was completed, not all programs and applications were uninstalled. In fact, most of my applications are still here and if I just create a shortcut to the programs, I can still use then normally. So how can I open my Forza Horizon 4, which is downloaded through the windows store? The game files are still there but there’s no way to launch it. And I cannot find it among all other apps in the application in the application menu in settings. Thanks in advance!

:)

BarryX233, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to Open the Apps After Resetting :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

How to Open the Apps After Resetting [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Open the Apps After Resetting - Similar Threads - Open Apps Resetting

2. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  3. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  4. None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset: I had to reset my PC recently and now none of the Windows apps will open. The Microsoft store, Films & TV, Photos, anything that comes default with Windows 10 won't open. certain apps such as the Microsoft Store will attempt to start and then close immediately afterwardsI've...
  5. Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.: So as the title says, I had to reset my PC because of the dreaded UNinstalling updates loop, after 4 days I gave up and reset the damn thing. Thing is i ran into an error I've never had before, Im trying to install TradingView, the desktop version and when I finish...
  6. Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

Windows 10 apps won't open after reset: I recently got a new laptop but experienced problems with the the local disk being full and other glitches after setting it up. I decided to reset it and reinstalled windows cumulative update wouldn't install though. The glitches stopped but the apps e.g calculator, store,...
  7. how to reinstall removed apps after resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall removed apps after resetting: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-removed-apps-after-resetting/a52cdb26-77f8-4bc0-b7da-6efe3f27410e
  8. Microsoft Store not opening after app reset

Microsoft Store not opening after app reset: I rested the app because I was not able to download apps it was saying acquiring licence and after some times it says error. I saw in YouTube that if you rest the app you can downloaded apps in YouTube and now I cant open the app...
  9. How to Reset Apps that open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Reset Apps that open files: I accidently opened a properties file with adobe photoshop and i want to change it back into the normal file it comes when you download it is there anyway i can reset how files are opened?...
  10. How to reset default app for all 'open file with'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset default app for all 'open file with': [ATTACH] How can i reset the option 'open file with' to dafault app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-app-for-all-open-file-with/d7e54c63-68a7-4f22-95e6-ded8b89d1d67"