Windows 10: How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active...

Discus and support How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My setup requires my laptop to be the main display#1. My second monitor#2 is connected via hdmi to hdmi. When I hit the keys for the Start Menu or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ___Steven___, Apr 5, 2021.

1. How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active...

My setup requires my laptop to be the main display#1. My second monitor#2 is connected via hdmi to hdmi.

When I hit the keys for the Start Menu or Task Switcher, no matter where my active window is, they will show on the main display only.

If I'm working off my second monitor#2, how do I get them to show heremy active screen? Having them show up on both is also acceptable and maybe preferable too.

Thank you.

:)

___Steven___, Apr 5, 2021
  2. DEL
    Del Win User

Which process is responsible for Task Switcher (Alt + Tab) in Windows 10?

Which process is responsible for Task Switcher in Windows 10?

Just for some context - although it won't affect the question or answer - I'm trying to see if I can get the Surface Dial to take advantage of the Windows 10 Task Switcher (Alt + Tab) feature.

I've setup a custom tool so that I can launch the Task Switcher by pressing down on the Surface Dial, which ultimately just triggers the Ctrl + Alt + Tab command which leaves the Task Switcher open (whereas, pressing Alt + Tab only remains open while you continue to hold the Alt key).

Then, I've setup other functions in the tool set to navigate the Task Switcher menu - navigating left or right and then selecting the chosen app.

Unfortunately, once the Task Switcher is open it drops my custom tools - so I'm hoping to create custom tools for the process or program that runs the Task Switcher so that they are available to me while it has focus.

So far I've tried setting up custom tools for Windows Explorer, Desktop Window Manager, and Windows Shell Experience Host but I've not had any luck.

Thanks!

3. Task Switcher and Task View Not Working Windows 10

The problem first appeared on one of my offices laptops when the user reported Alt+Tab not working. I verified that it was not a hardware problem. The Alt key and the Tab key both work fine. Other windows shortcuts such as Alt+F4 or Win+D work fine.

I then also noticed that Task View button is not responsive and does nothing. It seems that Task Switcher and Task View are both unresponsive.

Any suggestions or known issues? I couldn't find any resolved cases related to this issue by searching.

Nathan Qualls, Apr 5, 2021
  4. How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active...

keyboard alt = start menu

Hey guys I'm having problem with my keyboard on my ducky shine II, whenever I press alt with the windows key disabled it starts showing start menu, it didn't happen before and I'm having problem playing dota 2 whenever I use shortcuts with alt. anyone can help me out?

edit: lol I found a fix. I was turning dip 2 instead of dip 3 when turning off windows key since dip 2 exchange alt and windows key lololol. close thread please.

Cotton_Cup, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active...

1. How to open the Start Menu & Task Switcher w/ the Windows key & alt + tab on the active... - Similar Threads - open Start Menu

2. Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...: I've had this issue for a while with my PC and I thought it was a problem with a few specific games, until I bought a laptop. While playing the games on my laptop, I am able to screenshot, alt-tab out of them and open start menu using windows key. What happens on the PC is...
  3. Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't screenshot, alt-tab or use windows key to open start menu while being fullscreen in...: I've had this issue for a while with my PC and I thought it was a problem with a few specific games, until I bought a laptop. While playing the games on my laptop, I am able to screenshot, alt-tab out of them and open start menu using windows key. What happens on the PC is...
  4. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  5. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  6. How do I get windows 10 alt tab switcher and task view in windows 11 22h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get windows 10 alt tab switcher and task view in windows 11 22h2?: How do I get the windows 10 alt tab switcher and taskview in windows 11 22h2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-10-alt-tab-switcher-and-task/eb781982-f113-4e3c-aaa5-198706f5d191
  7. How do I get windows 10 alt tab switcher and task view in windows 11 22h2?

How do I get windows 10 alt tab switcher and task view in windows 11 22h2?: How do I get the windows 10 alt tab switcher and taskview in windows 11 22h2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-10-alt-tab-switcher-and-task/eb781982-f113-4e3c-aaa5-198706f5d191
  8. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  9. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  10. Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games: I am having a problem with the alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games and it is driving me crazy! I will be seriously indebted to anyone who can help solve this for me. Here's some additional info: 1 It's not that the window is fully minimizing, just that...