Windows 10: How To open Timeline

Discus and support How To open Timeline in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was curious enough to think there might be and there is, indeed (no surprise, really), a K/B shortcut to Timeline. It is Win+Tab. Maybe, y'all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Drew1903 Win User

How To open Timeline

I was curious enough to think there might be and there is, indeed (no surprise, really), a K/B shortcut to Timeline. It is Win+Tab.

Maybe, y'all, already, know about this LOL

Cheers,
    Drew
    How To open Timeline 1402097.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Feb 12, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How To open Timeline

Microsoft Photos on my Windows 10 PC. How can I delete photos from the timeline?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the description, I understand that you want to remove photos that are displayed on the timeline. To remove the photos from the timeline you can follow the steps mentioned:

1. Open Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Under Sources click on X to remove the folder, which has the photos that you want to remove from Timeline.

Regarding the phone issue, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

I understand that you are looking for the feature that detects the duplicate photos in Microsoft Photos app.

I would encourage you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that our development team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

You can also check in Microsoft Store, which has a variety of useful apps and tools that might be helpful.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

How To open Timeline

1. How To open Timeline - Similar Threads - open Timeline

2. How do I get the taskbar open with left edge swipe, integrated into timeline at screen bottom?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get the taskbar open with left edge swipe, integrated into timeline at screen bottom?: Originally, my taskbar opened with left edge swipe together with timeline. I just swiped from the left, and the task view timeline had the taskbar at the bottom. At that time, I contacted the online Microsoft Surface support to change it into an XP style taskbar opening on...
  3. Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking on search box used to open timeline - not anymore: When i click on the windows search box (next to the start button) it opens up a box, but it does not display my latest documents, webpages etc. It only shows the most popular apps. It used to display a timeline with most recent items. I haven't actively disabled anything so...
  4. How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?

How do I open O365 documents from Windows 10 Timeline / Task View?: If I click on an MS Office document in the Timeline, and the document resides on SharePoint or OneDrive, the file "Save As" dialog box opens. If the document is only my local disk, it simply opens. I want it to open the document in both cases. We use SharePoint almost...
  5. .XLSM file opened from Windows 10 Timeline opens in Excel Mobile!?!?!??!!?!?

.XLSM file opened from Windows 10 Timeline opens in Excel Mobile!?!?!??!!?!?: Environment is Windows 10 Pro x64. Current with updates and feature updates. I have Office365 Home Premium installed. Windows default for all Excel file types I just looked at says Excel not Excel Mobile. Nonetheless, all of a sudden my laptop has taken to opening Excel...
  6. Why is Windows Timeline opening Excel files in Excel Mobile?!!!?

Why is Windows Timeline opening Excel files in Excel Mobile?!!!?: Environment is Win 10 Pro x64, current on stable updates/feature updates. Windows Timeline on both my Windows 10 machines has taken to opening Excel files in Excel Mobile Fisher Price Excel rather than the fully licensed, installed, default for file type, Excel from Office...
  7. Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...: When opening an Ofiice file stored in OneDrive by clicking on it in Timeline, the file does not open in the corresponding web or desktop Office Application. Instead, my browser downloads a read-only copy of the file and presents its usual file download dialog: "Do you want...
  8. Opening files from the Windows Timeline

Opening files from the Windows Timeline: Hello, How do I change the functionality of the Windows Timeline so that when I click on for example a Photoshop File it opens it in Photoshop? At the moment all files (excel, word, photoshop, etc) open up in the web browser which is Chrome in this case. Thanks for your...
  9. Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files

Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files: Hi, Task View / Timeline is enabled. It shows me my recent MS Edge history. But it won't show me the files I have recently opened. How can I get Task View to show me the recently opened files? I also observed that using File Explorer I am ALSO not able to see my...
  10. Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app

Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app: Ever since 1809, the Windows Timeline feature opens all Office documents that I work on in the web browser, instead of the application locally. Word, Excel, PowerPoint docs all try to open in web. Can the path be changed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open timeline