Windows 10: How to open txt on Windows Phone?

Discus and support How to open txt on Windows Phone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am facing a chicken and egg problem. I need to open txt, to copy/paste my passwords, but in order to do so, I need to download an app. But in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TairikuOkami, Jun 30, 2020.

1. How to open txt on Windows Phone?

I am facing a chicken and egg problem. I need to open txt, to copy/paste my passwords, but in order to do so, I need to download an app. But in order to do that I need to login to MS account, so I need to copy/paste?

Any idea how to get out this pickle, maybe using a supported format on a phone or something?

P.S. I have just bought Microsoft Lumia 650 with Windows 10.

:)

TairikuOkami, Jun 30, 2020

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    .txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, Jun 30, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

How to open txt on Windows Phone?

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I miss the Windows XP file association manager, it allowed you to select which of the commands would be executed when you double click a file (open, print, edit, etc...), it was removed since Vista.
    Some good people created the Types application, which you can use to select the default action of the file double click, all you go to do is select the "txt" extension from the list, right mouse click, hit "Properties" and on the "Actions" tab right click "open" command and assign "Default" to it.
    Hopefully this will solve your problems, although I think your PC is probably infected with some kind of malware that will continuously change that setting back, so I also advise installing some anti-virus like MSE or NOD-32 and preform a full scan.
    Good luck.

temp02, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How to open txt on Windows Phone?

1. How to open txt on Windows Phone? - Similar Threads - open txt Phone

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  4. How to make .txt files open up as an active window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make .txt files open up as an active window?: Hello, recently I made the switch to Windows 11 and I noticed this strange behaviour when opening .txt files from Windows search.In Windows 10 opening up a .txt file from the search would make it the new active window and put it in front of everything else, however in Windows...
  5. How to make .txt files open up as an active window?

How to make .txt files open up as an active window?: Hello, recently I made the switch to Windows 11 and I noticed this strange behaviour when opening .txt files from Windows search.In Windows 10 opening up a .txt file from the search would make it the new active window and put it in front of everything else, however in Windows...
  6. HOW TO OPEN A TXT FILE IN WINDOWS TERMINAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO OPEN A TXT FILE IN WINDOWS TERMINAL: how do you do that????????????????????????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-txt-file-in-windows-terminal/37f64914-a2ae-44ac-8320-4eb1362eec9c
  7. HOW TO OPEN A TXT FILE IN WINDOWS TERMINAL

HOW TO OPEN A TXT FILE IN WINDOWS TERMINAL: how do you do that????????????????????????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-txt-file-in-windows-terminal/37f64914-a2ae-44ac-8320-4eb1362eec9c
  8. how do I open photos with a txt suffix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open photos with a txt suffix: I have been sent an email with some photos with the suffix txt, how do I open them. I have tried and so far all I get is a blank Notepad screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-photos-with-a-txt-suffix/2f54dddd-5d89-4a2a-b743-504b1856e8bb
  9. How to open/find a word 10GB .txt file ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open/find a word 10GB .txt file ?: I downloaded TotalCommander but it's not very clear how to open my txt using it any ideas or other apps ? Ideally I don't need to open it at all , just to find a word Tried Search in All app from Windows store but it can't handle it ideas please ? submitted by...
  10. Opening .txt attachments

Opening .txt attachments: I received an attachment in my email that is a .txt and I can not open it. What do I need to do open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-txt-attachments/f20c1cda-38bf-4607-b7ec-2d179d6cf037