Windows 10: How to open txt on Windows Phone?

Discus and support How to open txt on Windows Phone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am facing a chicken and egg problem. I need to open txt, to copy/paste my passwords, but in order to do so, I need to download an app. But in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TairikuOkami, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:37 AM.

1. How to open txt on Windows Phone?

I am facing a chicken and egg problem. I need to open txt, to copy/paste my passwords, but in order to do so, I need to download an app. But in order to do that I need to login to MS account, so I need to copy/paste?

Any idea how to get out this pickle, maybe using a supported format on a phone or something?

P.S. I have just bought Microsoft Lumia 650 with Windows 10.

:)

TairikuOkami, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:37 AM

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:38 AM
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    .txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

4. temp02 Win User

How to open txt on Windows Phone?

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I miss the Windows XP file association manager, it allowed you to select which of the commands would be executed when you double click a file (open, print, edit, etc...), it was removed since Vista.
    Some good people created the Types application, which you can use to select the default action of the file double click, all you go to do is select the "txt" extension from the list, right mouse click, hit "Properties" and on the "Actions" tab right click "open" command and assign "Default" to it.
    Hopefully this will solve your problems, although I think your PC is probably infected with some kind of malware that will continuously change that setting back, so I also advise installing some anti-virus like MSE or NOD-32 and preform a full scan.
    Good luck.

Thema:

How to open txt on Windows Phone?

1. How to open txt on Windows Phone? - Similar Threads - open txt Phone

2. Cant open .txt files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant open .txt files: [ATTACH] I reset my computer and now i can't open .txt, does anyone know a fix for this? https://preview.redd.it/jrglaebub8551.png?width=1915&format=png&auto=webp&s=0741154ad1ae65247048f966f5ef82a0e0ee3816 submitted by /u/lemon094 [link] [comments]...
  3. How to make my VB.NET application be the default app to open .txt files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make my VB.NET application be the default app to open .txt files: Sorry if I put this in the wrong place on the forum, I wasn't sure. : Hello, I want to make an application using VB.NET old, I know that can basically replace Notepad. I want to make it the default app to open .txt files instead of Notepad when I double-click them. I am not...
  4. Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share: After updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909, I cannot open .txt files that have been saved to SMB shares using Notepad. The files work correctly with other applications like Notepad++, and they also worked correctly before the update. Unfortunately the error...
  5. How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup): I had a txt file that I set to open during login. I'm most sure that it loaded at login, not startup. I have since deleted the file and cannot find where to stop the error that i get during login ("Can't find txt file"). I'm aware of the startup folder that contains the files...
  6. windows phone store not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows phone store not opening: I wanted to download WhatsApp but the store doesn't open what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/windows-phone-store-not-opening/3a77219b-717e-4bbe-a974-59a63ab87296
  7. Opening .txt attachments

Opening .txt attachments: I received an attachment in my email that is a .txt and I can not open it. What do I need to do open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-txt-attachments/f20c1cda-38bf-4607-b7ec-2d179d6cf037
  8. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows...
  9. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  10. shortcut to open txt file and go to end

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut to open txt file and go to end: Especially in log files. How can I open, say, Log.txt in Notepad and go to the end automatically? 109536