Windows 10: How to open urls in old notifications from Action Center?

Discus and support How to open urls in old notifications from Action Center? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to open urls in old notifications from Action Center? When I click on the notification, it just closes and doesn't open the embedded url Why???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mcp111, Mar 13, 2019.

1. mcp111 Win User

How to open urls in old notifications from Action Center?

When I click on the notification, it just closes and doesn't open the embedded url

Why???

:)

mcp111, Mar 13, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 13, 2019
  3. windows 10 action center notifications

Hi JCS,

For us to properly address your question, we would like to verify if we got your concern right. Are you trying to terminate the notification right away or let it stay visible for a few more seconds?

To change or adjust the time span of the notification, follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Ease of Access.
    • Click Other options.
    • In the right pane, look for Show notifications for, and adjust the duration.

Please ensure as well that your action center is configured properly. Check out the following links for more information:

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 13, 2019
  4. moondoggy Win User

IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

I may have never noticed this in Windows 10 but after the 1607 anniversary update was released I noticed that Mail notifications that turned on the Action Center Icon and the Email subject and sender information in the action center, over time, would disappear without any intervention on my part. To be clear an email notification would arrive and the Action Center Icon would change to indicated that a notification was received and the details of that notification were listed in the action center but (A) I did not click on the action center icon (B) I did not open the built-in Mail application and (C) I did not open Outlook 2010. However, after being absent from my PC for a period of time, I noticed that the action center icon was no longer showing a notification and when I did finally open the action center there were no notifications there either. What I seem to remember was that prior to the 1607 anniversary update, if you clicked on the action center icon the icon would remove the notification highlighting but to actually remove the notifications themselves from the action center I had to either clear the individual notification or clear all notification or open Outlook 2010 and download my mail.

So, is this the behavior that others are seeing? If so, is there a way to control this so notifications simply don't disappear on their own?

moondoggy, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to open urls in old notifications from Action Center? - Similar Threads - open urls old

2. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  3. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  4. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notifications or action center wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifications or action center wont open: I cant right swipe on edge of surface 3 to get notifications or action center to open or get any of the icon on bottom right of task bar open. Can anyone help?...
  6. How to delete old notifications in Action Center on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete old notifications in Action Center on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Notification pop-ups on the window screen of your computer system are a very common sight, isn’t it? One little box rising to inform you about new software updates, or an email message is sometimes useful but sometimes immensely distracting. Windows [...]...
  7. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Browsers and Email
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  9. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Windows 10 Support
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968