Windows 10: How to opt out from News Feed feature

Discus and support How to opt out from News Feed feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title.. no one asked for this microsoft, how do we opt out of it, prevent our locations/accounts from being connected to this garbage, and remove it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArticSkoll, Jun 2, 2021.

1. How to opt out from News Feed feature

Title.. no one asked for this microsoft, how do we opt out of it, prevent our locations/accounts from being connected to this garbage, and remove it from my taskbar so i stop accidently clicking on news stories i dont care for when trying to do other stuff on my computer like game or browse other apps i have open?

:)

ArticSkoll, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jun 2, 2021
  4. How to opt out from News Feed feature

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

How to opt out from News Feed feature

1. How to opt out from News Feed feature - Similar Threads - opt News Feed

2. News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out

in Windows 10 Customization
    News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out: The new feature News And Interest is starting to roll out more and more.And so are the questions on how to disable it: the amount of questions on that on Google for instance is huge.Not only because people are finding is just 100% irritating me too but also because a lot of...
  3. How do get the News and Features feed from insider 21286?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do get the News and Features feed from insider 21286?: I have Win Insider 21286 installed. I also have new edge canary installed. I have rebooted after installing. How do i get the News and Features feed to show up on the taskbar? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments]...
  4. NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEWS FEED IN THE EDGE: WANT THE NEW YORK POST AS MY NEWS FEED. THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-feed-in-the-edge/6b18e58d-030f-4aa1-8564-64ff4b26fac5
  5. MSN News Feed

MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  6. How do I remove fake news from my news feed?

How do I remove fake news from my news feed?: I'm tired of seeing leftist op-ed fake-news every time I open my news feed. Give us the option to change the sites in our news feed! I'm not talking about "changing my homepage" which is the canned response that Microsoft keeps giving. I'm talking about changing the "top...
  7. How do I remove fake news from my news feed?

How do I remove fake news from my news feed?: I'm tired of seeing leftist op-ed fake-news every time I open my news feed. Give us the option to change the sites in our news feed! I'm not talking about "changing my homepage" which is the canned response that Microsoft keeps giving. I'm talking about changing the "top...
  8. Remove "fox news" from news feed

Remove "fox news" from news feed: How do I remove fox news from news feed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/remove-fox-news-from-news-feed/eeefc147-a88f-4511-ac72-455f710d3fdc
  9. NEWS FEED PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEWS FEED PROBLEM: Recently, News Feed has not been working. It is set to "most recent" but the posts that show are days old and the "recent" are way down there. Also, if you set this to show "recent", why doesn't it remain that way? Also, it notes when you log in, do you want to save the...
  10. hide news feed

hide news feed: How can I permanently hide news feed from edge start page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/hide-news-feed/6641b9fd-57f7-4d4b-a752-67ee843e7319