Windows 10: How to optimise performance of Windows 10

Discus and support How to optimise performance of Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After cumulative x64 update, my Windows 10 started to use over half of the RAM, overloading the processor. How can I reduce overloading?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daihwan, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Daihwan Win User

How to optimise performance of Windows 10

After cumulative x64 update, my Windows 10 started to use over half of the RAM, overloading the processor. How can I reduce overloading?

:)

Daihwan, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to update storage controller drivers.

• Install the latest storage controller driver.
    • Go to Device Manager > Storage Controllers, right clicked on the listed drivers and select
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How to optimise performance of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - optimise performance

2. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  3. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser: Split from this thread. Hi.... I have been looking into buying McAfee's PC Optimiser as my laptop clearly needs to be tidied up. I have no idea what I can do to remove all those temporary files which I think would be a good starting point. Any ideas of how I do that within...
  4. Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music: Windows keeps defaulting to the music view optimization for one of my hard drives. Since I often use things like group by type this is quite inconvenient to keep having to switch. I suspect that it might be because the drive is marked as D which was typically a disc drive in...
  5. Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music

Folder optimisation keeps reverting to music: Windows keeps defaulting to the music view optimization for one of my hard drives. Since I often use things like group by type this is quite inconvenient to keep having to switch. I suspect that it might be because the drive is marked as D which was typically a disc drive in...
  6. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

"touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors: Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet" is checked in the taskbar settings and turns on when my device is in tablet mode, just as it should.But for...
  7. "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "touch optimised taskbar" not working with multiple monitors: Im using a 2in1 laptop where tablet mode activates without issues when i flip the screen. "Optimise taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet" is checked in the taskbar settings and turns on when my device is in tablet mode, just as it should.But for...
  8. DoSVC optimisation thing is messing with me i'cant take it anymore

DoSVC optimisation thing is messing with me i'cant take it anymore: Hello,As i said in the title DoSvc is messing with me, it's the optimisation service for windows update. And it's taking all my connection, so i looked up a bunch of solution to turn it off or deactive it. And the one thing that worked was that : putting the start value of it...
  9. PC optimisation and Smooth Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC optimisation and Smooth Performance: Hello Microsoft, I am Prasanna,I have a Low End Laptop. It is a Windows 10. The Specifications are :Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00Installed Memory RAM: 4:00 GB 3.89 usableSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor I need guide and instructions to...
  10. PC optimisation and Smooth Performance

PC optimisation and Smooth Performance: Hello Microsoft, I am Prasanna,I have a Low End Laptop. It is a Windows 10. The Specifications are :Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00Installed Memory RAM: 4:00 GB 3.89 usableSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor I need guide and instructions to...