Windows 10: How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster

Discus and support How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have a setup with two almost identically configured Dell Optiplex 745 tower PCs, lets call them PC-XP and PC-Win10. Both have 250 GB samsung evo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by plaurits, May 4, 2021.

1. plaurits Win User

How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster

Hi I have a setup with two almost identically configured Dell Optiplex 745 tower PCs, lets call them PC-XP and PC-Win10. Both have 250 GB samsung evo 860 ssd for system. PC-XP has 4GB ram, whereas the other has 6GB ram. PC-XP is XP SP3, whereas the win10 PC is windows10 20H2. I have tried most common optimization tools, like system mechanic and ccleaner. However the XP PC is still much faster in terms of startup and performance. Any suggestions for how to improve performance of windows10? Br Peter Lauritzen seodenmark.com

:)

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  2. plaurits Win User

Hi
    I have now checked autoruns on the windows10 PC.
    How do I see performance impact of entries, i.e. how do you identify entries which could safely be disabled?
    So far I did not find this in the tutorial.
    Br Peter
    Screenshots from autoruns
    Everything

How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster [​IMG]

Logon (1 of 1)

Services (1 of 2)

Services (2 of 2)

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  3. plaurits Win User

Hi

I have a setup with two almost identically configured Dell Optiplex 745 tower PCs, let’s call them PC-XP and PC-Win10.
    Both have 250 GB samsung evo 860 ssd for system.
    PC-XP has 4GB ram, whereas the other has 6GB ram.
    PC-XP is XP SP3, whereas the win10 PC is windows10 20H2.

I have tried most common optimization tools, like system mechanic and ccleaner.
    However the XP PC is still much faster in terms of startup and performance.
    Any suggestions for how to improve performance of windows10?
    Br
    Peter Lauritzen
    seodenmark.com

plaurits, May 4, 2021
  4. plaurits Win User

Hi Paul
    Thanks for referring the document from Shawn.
    I already knew about this, so reason for raising this thread was to get some further suggestions.

Hi Matthew
    I made a typo - figure should be 163 seconds, but still XP is much faster.
    Almost same figure as when I made clean install on this PC.
    br Peter

plaurits, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster - Similar Threads - optimize windows10 still

2. How to make pc faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make pc faster: I have a 1.5 TB local disk and my pc is 4 GB ram but I cannot use ready boost so is it possible to make my pc faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-pc-faster/ece4d98a-ef18-4238-b2db-92e8d1d20829
  3. How Optimize?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Optimize?: Dear Sir/Madam: w10 has a program named "Defragment and optimize Drives" Open it, it says: "You can optimize……efficiently, Or analyze them to find out if they need to be optimized. ……." Open this program, there two choices: ANALYZE and OPTIMIZE. click ANALYZE, it...
  4. Which SSD optimizations still make sense?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which SSD optimizations still make sense?: I've recently found an old to-do list of things to optimize an SSD. Some of them are definitely not needed anymore, while I'm not totally sure about others, so I'm going to list those where I got doubts here below: 1) Turn Off Indexing 2) Disable Hibernation 3) Disable...
  5. networking windows10 and xp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networking windows10 and xp: I have a large workgroup lan about 20 pcs we have one xp machine tied to a machine control it shares its folder to receive files from other pcs all other machines are win 10 all put one can acccess this xp share I have tried many fixes, there is no firewall or anti...
  6. How to use delivery optimization to download games faster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use delivery optimization to download games faster?: [ATTACH] Hi, I have a pretty poor internet connexion at home (<1Mbps) and it takes me days to download games or apps from Microsoft Store. My friend has a Windows PC too, can we use the Delivery Optimization feature to transfer game/app files from a PC to another if...
  7. network bitween windows10 & windows xp

network bitween windows10 & windows xp: i have 3 computers . on 2 systems installed windows xp & other windows 10. this system not sharing file and printer with 2 systems are installed windows xp. how i can networking beetween this 3 systems?net work is lan wiered by hub and all setting network is defult...
  8. windows XP files to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows XP files to Windows10?: Can music files recorded with Windows Media Player Windows XP be transferred directly to Windows10 windows Media Player ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-files-to-windows10/0051ca78-88a5-4f36-9bc4-0ba3c7d4ed3c
  9. network between windows10 and xp

network between windows10 and xp: how can I get my Windows 10 computer and my xp SR3 computer to network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-between-windows10-and-xp/efc92991-ee9d-40e1-999f-37e564f817ca
  10. Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode: Hello. I've had this problem for awhile. It seems like for a brief period of time, sleep mode can boost my laptop's performance. The initial boot and a few minutes after woken seem to be slower....