Windows 10: how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken?

Discus and support how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Google photos has this feature where it automatically organises photos and videos from different sources in order of their creation time. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AwaysGays, Jul 19, 2022.

1. how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken?

Google photos has this feature where it automatically organises photos and videos from different sources in order of their creation time. Is there any equivalent of this in windows/Microsoft products?

submitted by /u/AwaysGays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AwaysGays, Jul 19, 2022

2. Error with date taken of pictures and videos?

When I import photos and videos from my Lumia and then go to their information. Date taken of photos matches the real time when they were taken. But in the info. of videos they are +2h. For example when I take a photo at 2:15AM and then video on 2:17AM,
    and check their Date taken photo is taken 2:15AM but video is taken 4:17AM It is really misleading, imagine, having a lot of photos and videos and in the order of taken they would be completely out of order...

Yes, the time on my devices matches, so do timezone, both are +1h Warsaw, Skopie etc...

When I see infos. about these files on mobile their dates are actually fine, in info. in lumia I see photo 2:15AM and videos 2:17AM, so I think during importing the time of videos is being changed.

Edit:

There is error only with the Microsoft Photos app. When I move manually photos and videos their date taken is fine. But when I import using this app the date of videos is 2h late, so if video was made at 2AM after importing by this app its time is 4AM. Please
    fix this because this app is very convenient and easy to import and organise photos and videos by months, but due to this serious error I have to move them manually cosequently I have to organise them in months also manually. I'm looking for reply, and thanks
    in advance ;3

CorbanWolf, Jul 19, 2022
  3. Adar4444 Win User
    Where from does MS ‘Photos’ takes pictures and videos taken by iPhone ?

Hi,

• On my Desktop PC Windows 10 OS is installed.

• My cellular phone is Apple iPhone 6s.

• I photographed on it thousands of pictures and videos.

• By mistake, after purchasing the iPhone, I didn’t change the default settings:

‘Settings’ > ‘Photos and Camera’ > ~ Improve the performance of storage in the iPhone

• To be:

‘Settings’ > ‘Photos and Camera’ > ~ Upload and keep the original files

• The result is:

• Pictures and Videos are kept in the original size / volume on Apple’s iCloud.

• Pictures and Videos are compressed
        by the iPhone OS – on the phone itself (iOS 10.2.1).

• That is for the purpose of saving memory usage.

• Now I would like to backup all taken by the iPhone on to my MS PC

= in the original, full size !

• On my MS PC I see the ‘Photos’ application that is included in Windows 10.

• I don’t know that application and I never used it.

• Lately I noticed that in the Photos tile, located in the Start-Up menu, Photos located in the PC hard drive and also others, taken by the iPhone, appear automatically !!!

• Opening the ‘Photos’ application >>> a mix of the above is seen.

• I don’t remember that I changed any relevant settings while installing Windows 10 OS.

• Also: I didn’t ever Installed or Connect my PC to MS OneDrive.

• >>> How can I know from where the pictures are taken into ‘Photos’ ??? !!!

• Directly from the iPhone = Compressed, or

• From the Apple iCloud = with the original’ full size

• >>> Where and how can I set definitions / settings about the sources that ‘Photos’ will use to get pictures and videos ?

• >>> Is the idea to back up iPhone stuff to MS PC hard drive using ‘MS Photos’ a good one – or you suggest a better way ?

Many Thanks,

Adar.

Friday, 9 June 2017, 16:45

File: Learning-MS-Photos-02.docx

Adar4444, Jul 19, 2022
  4. WP7.8User Win User

how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken?

Date and time of taken photos

Hello,

how is it possible to show informations of taken photos? I want to know sometimes date and time of taken photos.

Greetings

WP7.8User, Jul 19, 2022
Thema:

how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken?

1. how to organise photos and videos based on the time they were taken? - Similar Threads - organise photos videos

2. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  3. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  4. How to organise my many film photos?

How to organise my many film photos?: Unable to achieve the issue of tidily organising my film photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-organise-my-many-film-photos/3310e656-6f70-40f7-bc97-99471a42cf7b
  5. Video converters and time taken How is AVC so fast !!

Video converters and time taken How is AVC so fast !!: Hi there How does this one convert m2ts files so quickly to MKV without loss whereas anything else including HANDBRAKE takes forever by comparison. OK this is a paid product but it does the job quickly and efficiently -- I can't get Handbrake to do this at anything like the...
  6. Photo video storyboard timing

Photo video storyboard timing: I have burst shots that I am trying to make into small videos. How do I change the default 3sec timing to the timing I want -- without changing each. individual. photo!...
  7. Photo video storyboard timing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo video storyboard timing: I have burst shots that I am trying to make into small videos. How do I change the default 3sec timing to the timing I want -- without changing each. individual. photo!...
  8. Where are the photos stored that are taken of a video frame?

Where are the photos stored that are taken of a video frame?: I'm using the Photo app to take a picture of a frame in a video. After successfully selecting a frame and confirmation that the photo is saving, I can't find the photo. I've looked in the pictures folder and the folder where the video was stored, but nothing is there....
  9. Where was this photo taken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where was this photo taken?: My corporate issued laptop must have some restrictions so the info icon is not showing up. Can anyone tell where this photo is from? Thanks [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/where-was-this-photo-taken/254880ff-ba3e-447f-b477-3b209d8d56b5
  10. Organising Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Organising Photos: Within my pictures folder I have numerous sub folders, all full of jpegs, MP4, etc. I want all the files from all of the sub folders in a new "All Pictures" folder. Basically I want the files but not the folders before I start dealing with organising my photos. Can I do...