Windows 10: How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries

Discus and support How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just setup my libraries and I am tinkering with that area I want to be able to download .mp3 files straight to the Music folder. And then make extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dawn121988, Mar 21, 2019.

1. How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries

I just setup my libraries and I am tinkering with that area I want to be able to download .mp3 files straight to the Music folder. And then make extra folders in there example "music by Genre" and then "sample sounds" or "short songs as ring tones". And then do the same for videos and pdfs and such. I want all the .mp3 files to go into the main "Music" folder and then I can organize them into there own folders myself. But I want them to go in there own main folders once I click "Download".

I don't know how to do this by file type. There is more then likely a work around to help me with this or a program or even a firefox or google chrome add-on but I'm not sure what to really look for.

I want to organize my downloads automatically so my "Downloads" folder can stop looking like a mess and so I can start using libraries for what there made for organizing your files.

:)

Dawn121988, Mar 21, 2019
  2. stevednmc Win User

File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Organizing files

How do I organize file folders in alphabetical order in list on left side of computer screen ?

ConniBarnett, Mar 21, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries

The World's first synthetic organ transplant

does that picture suggest what kind of synthetic organs we might see next ?

W1zzard, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries

1. How to organize downloads by file type so I can organize libraries - Similar Threads - organize downloads file

2. Organization of files in column

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization of files in column: I'm looking for a way to organize my files in a top to bottom format in the "Small Icons" view option. Below is what I currently have. It's listing the items from left to right. I'm hoping to find a way to organize it like this instead, Thanks in advance!...
  3. Organization of files in column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization of files in column: I'm looking for a way to organize my files in a top to bottom format in the "Small Icons" view option. Below is what I currently have. It's listing the items from left to right. I'm hoping to find a way to organize it like this instead, Thanks in advance!...
  4. help organizing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help organizing files: Hello,can any one give suggestion on how to search files froma excel spredsheet? for example if i have a list of mp3 files by name of artist and song name. how can i serach with this list and find these files, without going one by one? this is on a macbook air...
  5. help organizing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help organizing files: Hello,can any one give suggestion on how to search files froma excel spredsheet? for example if i have a list of mp3 files by name of artist and song name. how can i serach with this list and find these files, without going one by one? this is on a macbook air...
  6. File Organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Organization: I need my files to be in A-Z format, not this 'last week', 'earlier this month' thing. How do I get rid of this?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-organization/c8d8a9c0-4dee-4c56-8002-4b2b9fc2f4c1
  7. Windows 10 Library versus something else to organize files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Library versus something else to organize files: I have an overwhelming desire to be organized. I have been know to use my P Touch label maker in unusual ways. It's an illness - I know. My question is about computer organization. Windows comes with it's own Library Folders - Music, Documents, Photos and Videos. The problem...
  8. Is there a way to organize my files/ downloads?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to organize my files/ downloads?: What I mean is. I want to download lots of programs and files because I want to get into modding games. It seems like when I download something they get put in some random place. There are so many different locations where files and programs can be. I don't wanna sound...
  9. file organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file organization: HELP! I am having the hardest time with my files, some things save to my onedrive which I hate because when files do save there, when I go to retrieve them later I cant find them on my pc at all. I just want all my stuff to save directly to my pc or my google account. Is this...
  10. Organizing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organizing files: I've done something to reverse the normal order of files. Instead of being in the usual A to Z sequence, they are backwards -- Z to A. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/organizing-files/6d58bcfc-1a2b-4d96-bd88-a8d8c279ca7b"