Windows 10: how to partition my Windows 10 PC to have another user

Discus and support how to partition my Windows 10 PC to have another user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new PC with windows 10 and I would like to know how to allow another user * Moved from Insider... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlBar753, Aug 5, 2018.

1. AlBar753 Win User

how to partition my Windows 10 PC to have another user

I have a new PC with windows 10 and I would like to know how to allow another user

* Moved from Insider

:)

AlBar753, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to partition my Windows 10 PC to have another user - Similar Threads - partition another user

2. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?: Hi,On my computer, I have my system partition A:, and another partition B: that contains all my data. Both partitions are on separate HDD.I just want to backup B: partition without the system partition.Is it possible to do this on windows 10 without using a middleware?I used...
  3. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?: Hi,On my computer, I have my system partition A:, and another partition B: that contains all my data. Both partitions are on separate HDD.I just want to backup B: partition without the system partition.Is it possible to do this on windows 10 without using a middleware?I used...
  4. How to clone a partition to another drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  6. How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]On earlier Windows system versions, if you changed your computer and wished to migrate […] This article How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to mount the user folder to another partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to mount the user folder to another partition: I found that my user folder takes too much space on my disk C which has only 120GB. I cannot install more software which must be installed on disk C like visual studio. And as time goes on, appdata directory will be larger and larger. When install the system, how can I...
  8. How do I add another user to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add another user to my pc: i want to create a new perfil for my brother how i can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/how-do-i-add-another-user-to-my-pc/8d816ddc-dceb-404b-a3da-83c270ec7015
  9. Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?: I have a windows 10 working just fine on a new gaming PC. I want to use the same recovery partition, Only to create a new instance of the OS on another partition on the same hard drive. I know how to format/repartition the drive. I want to do this so I can use a copy of...
  10. How to add another user to my PC?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add another user to my PC?: Hi Roomies, I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add user. [img] Thank you 23590