Windows 10: How to password protect a Word file.

Discus and support How to password protect a Word file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I set a password to control accessing a Word-file when that icon is clicked on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by williebird848, Sep 22, 2018.

1. How to password protect a Word file.

How do I set a password to control accessing a Word-file when that icon is clicked on?

:)

williebird848, Sep 22, 2018

2. Password Protected Word Files

My Nokia Lumia 510 with Windows 7 will not allow me to open my OneDrive Password Protected Word files. It always gives me the message “Password-protected files can’t be opened”.

I really prefer to have all my files password protected so in order to resolve this I am considering purchasing a Lumia 630 which has Windows 8.1. Obviously I don’t want to waste money buying this model if I still can’t open my OneDrive Word files. Is anyone
    able to tell me whether this will resolve the problem or alternatively suggest which model I should purchase? Many thanks. Suzie

SuzieB---01, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Password to many word files....

My best guess would be try and see if the program you're using allows batch password protection of .doc files. If the program itself does not support it, there's probably plenty of alternatives programs that could. Axcrypt comes to mind. It's almost like truecrypt, but it only works on files instead of making a container.

GoFigureItOut, Sep 22, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

How to password protect a Word file.

Password to many word files....

just what i was thinking.. then you open the rar file and asks for the password for the 1st time and you can open the rest of the files without re typing the password.

AsRock, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

How to password protect a Word file.

1. How to password protect a Word file. - Similar Threads - password protect Word

2. How do you Password protect a File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you Password protect a File: I'm trying to password protect a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-password-protect-a-file/450cdc34-8571-4d0b-a7bb-c33362e0e9db
  3. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to password-protect a file in common file: Hello, I want to password-protect a file in a shared network folder, and when I put a password on the file, it must prompt me for the password. The common file is located on a Windows server, and it contains numerous files.I simply want to generate a password for one of them....
  4. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to password-protect a file in common file: Hello, I want to password-protect a file in a shared network folder, and when I put a password on the file, it must prompt me for the password. The common file is located on a Windows server, and it contains numerous files.I simply want to generate a password for one of them....
  5. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to password protect file folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to password protect file folder: How to password protect file folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-password-protect-file-folder/acd208ec-c38c-474b-b713-f991c81c2a97
  7. Password protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected files: Hello, I recently ran antivirus scan from Bitdefender and results came okay but it says six files were password protected whose extensions are CSPproxy.dll and MUILANGUAGE.dll. I am worried, is my pc virus infected or these are just microsoft files hidden under password...
  8. How to remove a password on a protected word doc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove a password on a protected word doc: So I password protected a document, and now I want to remove the password protection. Can I do that? To be clear, I can access the doc, I have no problems with the password. I just don’t need it protected anymore. Thanks! submitted by /u/kaybee261 [link] [comments]...
  9. Password-protected files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password-protected files: Dear All, My antivirus detected password-protected windows files that were not possible to scan and skipped from scanning. I have never set a password on any file, either document, app or system files. Is it normal to have password-protected windows files in the system? If...
  10. How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I password-protect all Word files in a folder?: Hello, I'm looking to make all the files in a folder on my computer read-only unless a password is entered. There are about 50 files, so an automated method would be ideal. Editing the permissions of the folder won't suit the problem. There needs to be a password that...