Windows 10: how to password protect E drive in windows 10

Discus and support how to password protect E drive in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to password protect E drive in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suresh ippalavalasa, Oct 21, 2020.

1. how to password protect E drive in windows 10

how to password protect E drive in windows 10

:)

suresh ippalavalasa, Oct 21, 2020

2. Password protection to D drive in windows 10 Home

I want to apply password protection to my D drive on windows 10 Home edition. Please suggest me the procedure or any other alternative for the same.

rakeshmaheshwari, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  4. how to password protect E drive in windows 10

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

how to password protect E drive in windows 10

1. how to password protect E drive in windows 10 - Similar Threads - password protect drive

2. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro: how to Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-password-protect-a-drive-in-win-10-pro/bb2fc32f-9ddf-4de6-9e97-be2df94303bb
  3. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro: how to Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-password-protect-a-drive-in-win-10-pro/bb2fc32f-9ddf-4de6-9e97-be2df94303bb
  4. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10: Screensavers can also give us a chance to protect our PC from unwanted use by others. If you don’t use your PC for some time, it automatically runs a Screensaver. Upon a click on the mouse or keyboard, it will show the log-on screen, if the option is enabled. In this guide,...
  6. How to unlock a password protected folder in Windows 10?

How to unlock a password protected folder in Windows 10?: I locked one of the folder in my laptop windows 10 by using a password protected code. cmd.exe I totally forgotten my password now and tried at least 30 number of times to open it. Unfortunately the password was wrong and it didn't work. Can somebody please tell me how can I...
  7. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  8. how to protect my pen drive with password?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to protect my pen drive with password?: how to protect my pen drive with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-protect-my-pen-drive-with-password/7bd07b8b-2844-4570-a5e1-41dde15dc3ea
  9. Password protection to D drive in windows 10 Home

Password protection to D drive in windows 10 Home: I want to apply password protection to my D drive on windows 10 Home edition. Please suggest me the procedure or any other alternative for the same....
  10. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...