Windows 10: How to password protect file folder

Discus and support How to password protect file folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to password protect file folder... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnnyLiu1, Apr 16, 2021.

1. How to password protect file folder

How to password protect file folder

:)

JohnnyLiu1, Apr 16, 2021
  2. bakasamaz Win User

How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

xp pro

Hi i have xp pro and i Unchecked the simple file sharing. Can you walk me through? what i want is to password protect Shared folders, so whenever from the others computers try to access those folders a Prompt message pop up asking for user name and password.

bakasamaz, Apr 16, 2021
  3. bakasamaz Win User
    How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

Hi all I have a question for you all Networking Expert out there. Im running a small networking at my house. this Network consist of 3 computers : My computer, My sister's and My mom's. My computer act as a Network Harddrive, I share a lot of Files in my computer. Sometimes my sister like to pull over some files from my computer, but there are some folders where i dont like her to open. Im thinking to Password Protect a certain folders, so whenever she or my mom open those certain folders a pop up will show up asking for password (im thinking to password protect because sometimes I need to able to access those folders from either my mom's or sister's computer) Is there anyway to do this? third party Program? all computers in my network running Windows XP.

bakasamaz, Apr 16, 2021
  4. suraswami Win User

Password protecting Folders

I am building a machine for my friend and he was asking me to create folders and password protect it. How do I do in XP pro? Is there a built in tool or should I rely on third party tool? if so anything free out there?

Thanks for the help.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How to password protect file folder - Similar Threads - password protect file

2. Apps, files & folder password protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps, files & folder password protection: Why even after so many updates, there is no password protection available for Apps, Files and folders individually? it's so basic that it's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-files-folder-password-protection/03c7719f-3f2f-4e44-89ee-9383b1426759
  3. Apps, files & folder password protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps, files & folder password protection: Why even after so many updates, there is no password protection available for Apps, Files and folders individually? it's so basic that it's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-files-folder-password-protection/03c7719f-3f2f-4e44-89ee-9383b1426759
  4. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  5. Password protect files/folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password protect files/folders?: Anyone know how to password protect a file or a folder on windows 10? I followed some directions online to "encrypt" a folder, however that doesn't allow a password to be set, and I can open and view that folder without issue. I just want a password on something so if...
  6. Protecting a folder with password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protecting a folder with password: I have a folder on my PC {on a Desktop). I want to protect the folder with a password, so that unauthorized person even if they copied the file cannot open the folder without knowing the password Thanks Grigory...
  7. Password Protect Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protect Folders: Hello guys, I'm looking for the best way to Percypr my Folders with password with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect-folders/29c5fd72-09f3-4478-aa6b-d7656cf5f3e0"
  8. Password protected folder

Password protected folder: Hi, Is there any free third party app that allows to create a password protected folder in W10.....? Thanks, -BBDS 78173
  9. Protect Folder With Password

Protect Folder With Password: Trying to find normal software. Can't find anything good. I need software which gonna lock folder with password (NOT HIDE or move somewhere). Tried lots of softwares but nothing good. Why there is no normal software for things like this on Windows? For android mobile there...
  10. Password Protect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Password Protect Folders: I am trying to figure out how to password protect some work folders on my laptop that my girlfriend uses sometimes. She likes to snoop around and would rather not have her looking at my work documents. I tried to follow this guide but it doesn't seem to be working: How...