Windows 10: How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Screensavers can also give us a chance to protect our PC from unwanted use by others. If you don’t use your PC for some time, it automatically runs a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

Screensavers can also give us a chance to protect our PC from unwanted use by others. If you don’t use your PC for some time, it automatically runs a Screensaver. Upon a click on the mouse or keyboard, it will show the log-on screen, if the option is enabled. In this guide, we will see how we can password protect screensaver on Windows 10.

In the old CRT monitors, screensavers are used to avoid burnout in the display of monitors. With the advancement of technology in monitors, burnout is not an issue. Screensavers are just a display of some beautiful pictures or animations while the PC is not in use.

There is a feature that can also allow you to protect your PC from unwanted use by others or breach of privacy. You can make the PC go to the log-on screen from the screensaver when you or someone clicks the PC for active use. Let’s see how we can password protect screensaver on Windows 10.

Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

To password protect screensaver in Windows 10,

1. Go to Personalisation settings
    2. Select Lock screen
    3. Click on Screen saver settings
    4. Check the box beside On resume, display log-on screen.

Let’s get into the details of the process.

To get started, right-click on the desktop and select Personalise to go to the personalization settings of Windows 10.

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 Personalise-in-Windows-10.png

In the personalization settings, select the Lock screen from the left sidebar to see the settings regarding the lock screen on Windows 10.

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 Lock-screen-options-on-Windows-10.png

Scroll down in the Lock screen settings page and click on Screen saver settings at the bottom of the page to open Screen saver settings.

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 Screen-saver-settings-on-Windows-10.png

It will open a Screen Saver Settings dialog box. Select the screensaver you want by clicking on the dropdown button and check the box beside On resume, display log-on screen to password protect it.

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 Screen-saver-settings.png

After checking the button, click on Apply at the bottom of the dialog box and click OK. Close all the windows after that and wait for the time you set to see the screen saver run and log-on screen after that.

With this method, you can password protect your PC after the run of the screensaver and maintain your privacy even when your PC is idle and you are away from it.

Read: How to prevent users from changing the Screensaver.

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 Personalise-in-Windows-10.png
    This article How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 :)

terrace, May 25, 2021
  3. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 25, 2021
  4. How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

Issues with password protect video master player on windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know how exactly are you trying to access the password protected videos on your computer.

Step 1: I suggest you to Turn on & off
    Password protected sharing and check.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings
    • Under Password protected sharing, try to torn on and off this feature and check with the status of this issue.
    Refer:

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 clip_image0176.png

Step 2: Also, Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing password protected videos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2021
Thema:

How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10

1. How to Password Protect Screensaver in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Password Protect Screensaver

2. Password protect a folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password protect a folder in Windows 10: Please share steps to password protect a folder in Windlows 10, As the encrpyted contest check box to follow the steps is greyed out and I am unable to check it....
  3. Password protect a folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password protect a folder in Windows 10: Please share steps to password protect a folder in Windlows 10, As the encrpyted contest check box to follow the steps is greyed out and I am unable to check it....
  4. Password protect a folder in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to unlock a password protected folder in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unlock a password protected folder in Windows 10?: I locked one of the folder in my laptop windows 10 by using a password protected code. cmd.exe I totally forgotten my password now and tried at least 30 number of times to open it. Unfortunately the password was wrong and it didn't work. Can somebody please tell me how can I...
  6. Why aren't password protected folders password protected in Windows 10 pro?

Why aren't password protected folders password protected in Windows 10 pro?: I went through all the steps, my folder has a locked icon on it but I can open it up without a password. Every single YouTube video shows third-party software. I paid for Windows 10 pro it's supposed to have password protected folders. does it have password protected folders...
  7. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  8. How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10

How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10: hi all I am sending my laptop for repair and want to keep nosy eyes from some documents on my laptop that contain personal info eg statements, letters, etc. Can I password protect a folder so that the repair shop can't see the documents? I googled and found...
  9. how to password protect E drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to password protect E drive in windows 10: how to password protect E drive in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-password-protect-e-drive-in-windows-10/d79958ab-f207-40ea-b35a-b643f775e468
  10. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...