Windows 10: How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

Discus and support How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthias_987, Mar 31, 2023.

1. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This procedure used to work fine by first resetting size and position of the image in Word and then executing the copy: all pixels were preserved without any anti-aliasing artefacts in Paint. Recently however not sure what update did it and when exactly, the copy that ends up in Paint is blurred and fuzzy.How can I get a 1:1 copy o

:)

Matthias_987, Mar 31, 2023

2. Copy and paste anomaly with images

I am experiencing a strange issue whereby I am unable to copy an in-line image from an Outlook.com email (viewed in Firefox) and paste it directly into a Word document (Office version: 1907). The copy is being performed by right-clicking on an image in an email and choosing "Copy Image". Nothing happens when attempting to paste the image from the clipboard directly into Word.

However, if I first paste the image from the clipboard into Paint, the image does appear. I can then copy the exact same image back to the clipboard and my next attempt to paste the image into Word will succeed.

In short, copying and pasting images from Outlook.com into Word only seems to work if the image goes via Paint (or perhaps any other program).

Does anyone know what the explanation is for this behavior?

Mr Ethernet, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Pasting image into Paint

how can I send you screenshot?

1. I do [print screen] on a window [ALT/PrintScreen]

2. Paste to Paint - it comes 15% less in size

3. Paste to MS Word - it comes in 100% of a size

Paint was working fine for 15 years, until a month ago..

Below:

- Paint - pasted image

- Actual window copied into clipboard

- MS Word - pasted image

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint? 0e854b12-77dc-465b-806d-4bc0e81c60ec?upload=true.jpg

Michael Bugaevski, Mar 31, 2023
  4. elk117 Win User

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

How to copy and paste into Paint

Within Windows 2007 under start you had a list of installed programmes and features and under the title Accessories amongst other useful things you had Paint. There one could copy and paste text from a Word document and save it as a picture file but under
    the new paint how do you do the same thing? With the option of as new canvas I'm given the choice of copying a picture, draw etc but cannot see of find where I can copy and paste text.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

elk117, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

1. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint? - Similar Threads - paste razor sharp

2. Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...: Please see attached image for details.The snipping tool snips image, and once copied, it prints blank box on MS Word. But prints the image fine on Paint. Print screen also pastes fine on Paint, but same problem - it does not paste image on MS Word, just a blank box....
  3. Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...: Please see attached image for details.The snipping tool snips image, and once copied, it prints blank box on MS Word. But prints the image fine on Paint. Print screen also pastes fine on Paint, but same problem - it does not paste image on MS Word, just a blank box....
  4. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  5. MS Paint copy and paste

MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  6. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?: Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This...
  7. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint: Hello,I work a lot with images and it is essential for me to know the dimensions of an image I am about to copy and paste. In the Pictures folder on the C drive, I obviously get this information by hovering over the image BUTwhen I copied my entire Pictures folder to a...
  8. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint copy and paste: Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved...
  9. Pasting image into Paint

Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....
  10. Words and Fonts are not sharp.

in Windows 10 Support
    Words and Fonts are not sharp.: After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this...