Windows 10: How to perform a clean boot?

Discus and support How to perform a clean boot? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjit, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Arjit Win User

How to perform a clean boot?

How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean?

:)

Arjit, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Can't Perform Clean Boot

I gave it a go but still no joy unfortunately. Whatever I do it still starts as per original screen shot when it's supposed to be in clean boot.

What I noticed was, even after doing your step 3, (checking 'normal startup' on general tab, and enabling all services 'hide all' box unchecked, and all items in start up enabled) then restarting ....when it boots up (supposedly now in normal mode), if I go into config, the general tab is as following screenshot;

fig2

How to perform a clean boot? 67788d1485964022t-cant-perform-clean-boot-screen-5.png

So it seems as if it never actually boots up in 'normal startup' mode to start with, (although at this stage all services in list are ticked and all items in startup are enabled).

But from here, if I go through your procedure from step 1, and just uncheck the 'load startup items' box on general, etc, etc, then when I reboot, it will always be as my original screenshot (with only a small number of services remaining unchecked and the 'hide all' box having unchecked itself). The following screenshot in how it now looks in general tab (so when it's supposed to be in clean boot);

fig3

How to perform a clean boot? 67790d1485964022t-cant-perform-clean-boot-untitled-picture-1.png

I'm not sure whats going on in that 'load system services box there. It's all quite confusing.

ouroboros72, Feb 21, 2024
  4. How to perform a clean boot?

performance loss

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Please share the detail.

• Which application you are referring to?

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the
      left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

If the issues persist try next method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

How to perform a clean boot?

1. How to perform a clean boot? - Similar Threads - perform clean boot

2. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  3. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  5. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  7. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  8. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login after performing clean boot: Hello, While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all..... Now I'm stucked up in login page where I can't login with pin or Microsoft password.. Please me out. Thank you....
  10. Can't Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Perform Clean Boot: Hi, For some reason I am unable to perform a clean boot. I'm following the instructions on the Microsoft page carefully but it's not working. I'll explain what's happening with a screenshot in the hope someone can give me some pointers....