Windows 10: How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

Discus and support How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have MacBook Pro late 2011 on which i wish to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. The problem that i have is that the integrated GPU defected. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TsvetanPetrakiev, Nov 1, 2020.

1. How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

I have MacBook Pro late 2011 on which i wish to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. The problem that i have is that the integrated GPU defected. I was able to isolate the GPU on IOS and I am using the laptop for quite a while with the main Intel integrated video card. However when the installation starts Windows 10 starts the defected GPU card and i receive a black screen. MacBook does not have BIOS from where i can disable the GPU card. Is there any workaround this problem?

:)

TsvetanPetrakiev, Nov 1, 2020

2. Can't install windows because of GPU

Hi,

You mentioned earlier that the Intel HD integrated graphics works perfectly. In that case, we suggest to remove your GPU from your laptop and use the integrated graphics card, then, perform a clean install. Follow the steps on the link provided by one of
    our Wiki Authors Andre Da Costa on How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10. Clean install will remove your GPU driver.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 1, 2020
  4. How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

Screen Glitches on MSI GS65 (Defective GPU)

Update:

The laptop has been returned / exchanged.

The technician that inspected the device upon return had seen the issue before, and chalked it up to either a bad solder job on the GPU, or a defective GPU. (common with RTX 2060)

Thank you both for your help.

A big ball of earwax, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

1. How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU - Similar Threads - perform clean install

2. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  3. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. notebok bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notebok bluescreen: please help me.IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack...
  6. notebok bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notebok bluescreen: please help me.IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack...
  7. Defective GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defective GPU: I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-43. Unfortunately the GPU is damaged or defective and my laptop is also out of warranty. Right now i've disabled the dedicated GPU driver and using the integrated one.I need guidance on what should i do.Thanks in advanceShivansh...
  8. Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.

Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.: I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work. I upgraded my GPU from an RX470 to an RX580 and I’m having issues. The OS is choppy, animations are not smooth at all, and games dont run higher than 40 fps anymore. I’ve reinstalled the drivers several times, tried different...
  9. Bad performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad performance: The first I'm sorry for my google translate english I have an i7 7700k, 1060 6 GB, 16 GB RAM and normally I usually have a very fluid computer in the games but with the latest updates of Windows 10 it is fatal, I have all the updated drivers and tried to format the computer...
  10. defective gpu or faulty psu?

defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...