Windows 10: How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb?

Discus and support How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to perform a clean installation in custom installation method while installing win 10 from usb?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbhinavKakati, Sep 26, 2020.

1. How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb?

How to perform a clean installation in custom installation method while installing win 10 from usb?

:)

AbhinavKakati, Sep 26, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb?

Delta6326, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb?

1. How to perform a clean installation during windows 10 installation from usb? - Similar Threads - perform clean installation

2. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  3. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD during windows 10 installation from USB

BSOD during windows 10 installation from USB: Today I decided to make a bootable flash drive with the newest 2004 version of Windows but during boot and through 2 different usb ports the install stopped abruptly with a blue screen just after showing the blue windows logo. I had just installed Windows the day before on...
  6. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes

Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes: I recently wanted to upgrade my computer, so I bought a motherboard (Gigabyte B360M D3H) and a processor (i7-9700K). Since I was changing my mobo, I thought I could do a clean install of W10 on my SSD (that I formated). So I used the Media Creation Tool on my USB drive....
  8. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install: Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows...
  9. Stop Code 0xc000021a during clean install of Windows 10 from USB

Stop Code 0xc000021a during clean install of Windows 10 from USB: Hi all Regarding an Acer Aspire X3950 with the free upgrade to Windows 10. No repair disc created :( Last week the PC would not boot up the OS. The Acer logo would come up then a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. Unable to boot into safe mode,...
  10. Is formatting required during clean install from USB stick?

Is formatting required during clean install from USB stick?: I bought a new SSD drive and used it to replace my old slow HDD in my laptop. I have just successfully installed windows 10 on it. During the step shown in the picture below, I clicked on "New" [img] Which brought me to this step [img] From here, i just chose...