Windows 10: How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade

Discus and support How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are several ways to upgrade Windows 10. You can use Windows Update service to download the feature update, or you can create an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade

How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade Windows-10-in-place-upgrade-100x100.png
    How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade Windows-10-in-place-upgrade-150x106.png There are several ways to upgrade Windows 10. You can use Windows Update service to download the feature update, or you can create an ISO, or you can use the Media Creation Tool. The last one helps you perform Windows [...]

This post How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to perform in-place upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Hi keith,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

if you are performing in-place upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, your
    Windows 7 needs to be activated, while performing in-place upgrade you will not lose any data or files that is installed on your PC.

I suggest you to refer this article on
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide
    , from
    PaulSey created on August 9, 2017, check if that helps

As the systems are connected within the company to the Domain, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Performing an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 with MDT
    and check if it is helpful to you.

For more information, I would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet Forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on queries related to systems connected to the Domain or within a corporate environment to assist you

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade - Similar Threads - perform place upgrade

2. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-10/ed73e443-8d41-45b5-9966-a96b9303babf
  3. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-10/ed73e443-8d41-45b5-9966-a96b9303babf
  4. How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't perform In-place upgrade!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't perform In-place upgrade!: Hi! I am using Windows 11 laptop. I was facing major issues with Windows Update. It always fails to install with error 0x80070002. I tried each and everything possible, including troubleshooter. I even ran sfc /scannow command. I deleted SoftwareDistribution and catroot2...
  6. Can't perform In-place upgrade!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't perform In-place upgrade!: Hi! I am using Windows 11 laptop. I was facing major issues with Windows Update. It always fails to install with error 0x80070002. I tried each and everything possible, including troubleshooter. I even ran sfc /scannow command. I deleted SoftwareDistribution and catroot2...
  7. Tried to perform an in-place upgrade - then....

Tried to perform an in-place upgrade - then....: Hello forum members. It has been a while since I last posted here although I am an avid reader of this forum. I need some help please. My pc was running Windows 10 Version 1703 for the last few years and everything was going well. I decided that I should update this pc to...
  8. windows 10 in place upgrade

windows 10 in place upgrade: how to preform windows 10 in place upgrade 1. download media creation tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 2.accepte the license terms [ATTACH] 3.chose create installation media [ATTACH] 4.check original language installed 4.1 open powershell as...
  9. Questions about performing an in place upgrade

Questions about performing an in place upgrade: The In Place Upgrade method is something Ive been reading up on but haven't tried as yet. Im interested in getting feedback from others who use the in place upgrade method. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html The same...
  10. How to perform in-place upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

How to perform in-place upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.: Dear All our company have around 120 window 7 pro computers, and we plan to upgrading them to window 10 pro by the end of 2020, just wonder is it recommended to in place upgrade to win 10 from win 7 directly ? in this way i do not need to re-format the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to perform in-place upgrade