Windows 10: How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position

Discus and support How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is to find one grey system icon with keyboard option. Normally in past after win10 installed on laptops I had at least two "grey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DDAGRAVEN, Aug 21, 2019.

1. DDAGRAVEN Win User

How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position

Hello,

My problem is to find one grey system icon with keyboard option.

Normally in past after win10 installed on laptops I had at least two "grey icons" in tray - like pictogram for "Fn" and "Keyboard"

"Fn" icon is showing if Fn key is permament ON or OFF.

"Keyboard" icon - I could set option like: "permament lock/unlock keyboard".

It is very important and helpfull for my daily job to have possibilities of using keyboard when my laptop is open like normally starting with tablet mode if settings permitted. Different way - I want to use my keyboard even if my laptop is in "tent" position.

All windows systems I compared in my laptops are this same - WIN10PROF.

My older laptop (Lenovo - more than 3 years old) where OEM Windows 7 PRO was free updated to win10 I could see both of the grey icons.

Also last year I bought my first Dell laptop (2-in-1 Inspiron 13 Series 5000) (win10pro Installed like OEM) and I was using grey "keyboard" icon to lock/unlock, but few moths later I bought another - this same model of Dell Inspiron, this same parameters and this same kind of OEM win10pro installed and new one has only one grey icon - just Fn…...there's no "keyboard" icon. Also in windows settings where you can set up system icons to see or not in tray - there is no this I'm looking for.

Dell support in Poland after weeks of contact - cannot help me - and they cannot explain why there is a different between. They are said that in specification of old one and also of new one - there never was any word that laptop can or cannot lock/unlock keyboard in tent position.

Of course Microsoft support in Poland also didn't help and helpdes guy said that he dont see any procedure for my question so after backup I get an answer that this kind of functions depends from the laptop producer - so DELL in this case….but as I know the "grey" icon I'm talking about are comming from windows - no matter whitch producer laptop I used before...

I dont need to say of courde that I pass all standard settings for TABLET MODE - so even if I set up windows to work only in standard mode (to don't change for tablet mode) after I open my laptop or I use it in "tent" position. After set up this option - my screen is no changing for tablet mode - so I think option I put is working - but anyway my keyboard is still locked.

- PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT OR CAN SUGGEST SOME SOLUTIONS TO UNLOCK MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD WHEN IS OPENED LIKE FOR TABLET POSITION - I WILL BE VERY GRATEFULL FOR A VERY LONG TIME How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position :)

:)

DDAGRAVEN, Aug 21, 2019
  2. kaschiro1 Win User

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Aug 21, 2019
  3. JaneB_615 Win User
    Cat locked my keyboard - how to unlock in Win 10?

I have read through many replies concerning this issue, not only in this thread but in many threads in the community that have been posted about the keyboard being locked for some various reason and from what I have found NO ONE really helps with the problem...at
    least for me, nothing that was suggested helped.

My cat did walk across my laptop keyboard. And after she did that I realized my keyboard was now locked and would not type inside of windows. I restarted my laptop and could use the keyboard to type my password to log me into windows, but once inside of windows
    the keyboard would not type anything.

I thought it was a laptop issue so I moved to my desktop to search for help only to find out it is synced to my laptop because they both are running windows 10 and require my microsoft login to use. So it was NOT a laptop issue, it is however a keyboard
    and windows 10 issue. I will post my resolve here to help others who have this issue, but I can say that Microsoft did not help me solve my problem and I'm becoming very disappointed in that microsoft does not seem to help much with any of the problems that
    I have had to deal with in using their OS. I had to search my laptop's online help in order solve the problem. This also helped to unlock my desktop lockup, and it is NOT the same brand as my laptop...so again, it is a keyboard and microsoft problem.

It was suggested that my right shift key had been held down for longer than 8 seconds which in turn locked my keyboard...and thus then synced with my desktop because of microsoft. I held my right shift key down again for about 8 seconds and heard a 'tone'
    which then when I tried to type something, it was fixed. I also had to go to my desktop and do the same thing to get the keyboard on that system unlocked also. Again, held down the right shift key long enough to hear the tone and it was unlocked.

I certainly hope this helps someone more than reading through all the threads did for me.

Add on info....

During the night my laptop did an automatic update. After opening it back up this evening and logging back into windows, I found that the keyboard was locked again. Again I held down the right shift key and again I heard the 'tone' and things are unlocked
    again. ...and yes, both machines, laptop and desktop were locked.

Now I have to question if this is going to be an ongoing problem?

JaneB_615, Aug 21, 2019
  4. How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position

1. How to permament lock/unlock keyboard in laptop (2-in-1) in open position - Similar Threads - permament lock unlock

2. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  3. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  4. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  6. How to lock folders position?

How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  7. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

Laptop locked and unable to unlock: Hi,I received an alert that my Microsoft account had been accessed, so I locked my device via my phone in fear of it being stolen as the location was not my exact address turns it it was at my address just in accurate. I returned to my laptop and went to log in as normal and...
  8. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locked and unable to unlock: Hi,I received an alert that my Microsoft account had been accessed, so I locked my device via my phone in fear of it being stolen as the location was not my exact address turns it it was at my address just in accurate. I returned to my laptop and went to log in as normal and...
  9. unlock remotely locked laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlock remotely locked laptop: How do I unlock a laptop that I have remotely locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-remotely-locked-laptop/810ed05d-edd3-4897-b4f2-166d68fa1bc7
  10. How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop: So I have a OMEN Laptop (specs below) and I have been trying to underclock its CPU. It is currently running at around 3.9 GHz and its making the laptop way to hot. I have tried going into the BIOS and found nothing of changing the CPU speed. Please note that I have been in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 in 1 laptop keyboard lock

2. how to unlock keyboard on older model inspiron laptop

3. keyboard lock 2 in 1

4. lock keyboard in a 2 in 1 laptop