Windows 10: How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

Discus and support How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/buyingnewsoul_, Feb 27, 2020.

1. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View -> Sort by) is extremely frustrating.

I tried ShellExView but couldn't find anything related to editing the sort menu. Can someone please provide me with a solution?

Cheers.

submitted by /u/buyingnewsoul_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/buyingnewsoul_, Feb 27, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? :)

Necrofire, Feb 27, 2020
  4. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

1. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu? - Similar Threads - permanently add another

2. Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?: There is "More..." option in group by. But there is no "More..." option in sort by. Please help me to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-by-more-option-is-missing-in-context-menu-how/4c8d32de-68bf-40d9-ac47-d4015744439b
  3. Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort by "More..." option is missing in context menu. How to solve this issue?: There is "More..." option in group by. But there is no "More..." option in sort by. Please help me to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-by-more-option-is-missing-in-context-menu-how/4c8d32de-68bf-40d9-ac47-d4015744439b
  4. Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you delete an item on your Windows computer, it gets saved in the Recycle Bin so that you can fetch it whenever you want. A lot of Windows users do not like this feature and want their files to not get stored in the Recycle Bin and instead be permanently deleted....
  5. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  6. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  7. How to add Settings to context menu with icon

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Settings to context menu with icon: I found a video on how to add "Settings" to my context menu. It also explained how to add an icon to "Settings" which is the same operation. I now have "Settings" on my context menu but I have tried over and over to add an icon and it isn't working. But I can't seem to add...
  8. how to add seperator to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  9. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...
  10. Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 When you delete a file or folder in Windows, the item(s) get placed in the Recycle Bin by default until you empty the Recycle Bin to permanently...