Windows 10: How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration?

Discus and support How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Power Shell got screwed up - the input colours got changed to yellow and I couldn't find a way to change them back... And on my old monitor I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 7, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration?

My Power Shell got screwed up - the input colours got changed to yellow and I couldn't find a way to change them back... And on my old monitor I can't read the yellow.

Lots of stuff on the web about it. Recurring problem. Solutions here and there that don't work.

Finally found something that works but I have to input it every time i start up Power Shell.

Here it is:

Code: Set-PSReadLineOption -Colors @{ "Error" = [ConsoleColor]:How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration? :DarkRed "String" = "$([char]0x1b)[38;5;100m" "Command" = "#8181f7" }[/quote] Does the job. Input is blue, I'd rather have black but blue will do.

But how do I put that into Power Shell's configuration so's it stays there?

:)

abrogard, Jul 7, 2019

2. Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Permanently Change PowerShell's Configuration? - Similar Threads - Permanently Change PowerShell's

2. How do I configure CMD and PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I configure CMD and PowerShell?: Hi,How do I configure CMD and PowerShell to display the full text of the command output? Inside the entire window area. I would like all the text to be visible, not cut off or hidden. English is not my native language, so I try to explain as best I can, what is really...
  3. How do I configure CMD and PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I configure CMD and PowerShell?: Hi,How do I configure CMD and PowerShell to display the full text of the command output? Inside the entire window area. I would like all the text to be visible, not cut off or hidden. English is not my native language, so I try to explain as best I can, what is really...
  4. How do I configure CMD and PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?: I need to know how to UNINSTALL PowerShell or PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. Its mad annoying; keeps popping up and interrupting my videos and gameplay....
  6. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?: I need to know how to UNINSTALL PowerShell or PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. Its mad annoying; keeps popping up and interrupting my videos and gameplay....
  7. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. DNS Address Configuration, Registry, PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Address Configuration, Registry, PowerShell: Does anybody know where the registry keys for these settings are located?"Obtain DNS server address automatically""Use the following DNS server addresses:"I couldn't find the settings registry keys or a command to find the source of the DNS address through Powershell or...
  9. How To Permanently Change Power Shell's Configuration?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Permanently Change Power Shell's Configuration?: My Power Shell got screwed up - the input colours got changed to yellow and I couldn't find a way to change them back... And on my old monitor I can't read the yellow. Lots of stuff on the web about it. Recurring problem. Solutions here and there that don't work. Finally...
  10. OneDrive configuration via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive configuration via PowerShell: Hi, after first launch and configuration of Win10, the last part which is not done automatically in my Script is OneDrive configuration. Is it possible to somehow run OneDrive from PS and then let it configure itself with already registered credentials for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make permanent config for powershell

2. permanently change power shell settings

3. Configure Windows 10 1903 startmenu for all users witha script

4. change powershell window size permanently