Windows 10: How to permanently close app windows popping up?

Discus and support How to permanently close app windows popping up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erfgs45, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Erfgs45 Win User

How to permanently close app windows popping up?

I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the bastards re-open themselves, and because of that my PC is slowing down a little bit, how do I permanently close both windows? thanks in advance. :-

:)

Erfgs45, Nov 1, 2022

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 1, 2022
  4. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

How to permanently close app windows popping up?

1. How to permanently close app windows popping up? - Similar Threads - permanently close app

2. Console randomly popping up and closing windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Console randomly popping up and closing windows.: So basically, the console randomly appears at random times while I'm doing whatever, then proceeds to close the Google window, I've tried solutions from other replies to issues similar to this but it never works. There's no error message, and I can't provide a SS because it...
  3. Console randomly popping up and closing windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Console randomly popping up and closing windows.: So basically, the console randomly appears at random times while I'm doing whatever, then proceeds to close the Google window, I've tried solutions from other replies to issues similar to this but it never works. There's no error message, and I can't provide a SS because it...
  4. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  5. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  6. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  7. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  8. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Window popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window popping up and closing instantly: Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of...
  10. How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?: Searched for anything on here on to how to remove MSN pop up on here but couldn't find anything.... Would very much appreciate how to remove it as there's nothing in Programmes and Features the most often suggested answer on Yahoo and Google etc... Thanks *Smile 49675