Windows 10: How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?

Discus and support How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) My favourites go back years and a lot are no longer used so how do I 'Permanently' delete them? I have used the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bengie, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Bengie Win User

How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

My favourites go back years and a lot are no longer used so how do I 'Permanently' delete them?

I have used the setting/favs method but that does not delete them, they come back again.

They are obviously stored somewhere at Microsoft as I have done clean installs of Windows 10 and sanitized
    the hard drive before the install so they are not on my PC.
    I have cleared my MS/Bing history etc.

I have checked in the OneDrive and they are not in there, there is nothing in there as I have never used it.

Anyone any idea please ?

:)

Bengie, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Pinning column of favourites permanently open as a column down one sid

I have the Other favorites list on the right under the Users image/profile, works similar to the Firefox Bookmarks toolbar when it fills up and adds to the drop-down list.
    New Edge

How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ? [​IMG]

Firefox

How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ? [​IMG]

Berton, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Judesman Win User
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in Edge. If I accumulate new favourites in IE can I just delete the imported favourites from Edge and re-import the up to date favourites from IE. Will this work or having imported the list once will I not be able to repeat the process? Any thoughts please?

Judesman, Oct 19, 2020
  4. How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?

Microsoft Edge & Favourites

Hi Darlene_976

I will suggest you to add the favourites manually to edge browser.

MCCshreyas, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ?

1. How to 'Permanently' delete Edge favourites ? - Similar Threads - 'Permanently' delete Edge

2. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  3. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  4. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  5. How to delete favourites?

in Browsers and Email
    How to delete favourites?: My wife has saved countless ( hundreds ) of items that she viewed on craigslist, in favourites. I can delete them, one at a time, but would take me hours to do so. Is there a way to do this quicker? In the last few weeks, her computer is running very slowly, especially in...
  6. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  7. Organise Favourites in Edge - how?

in Browsers and Email
    Organise Favourites in Edge - how?: I can drag and drop within the Favourites list, but there seems to be no way to get a link out of a folder and back into the main list, for example. No way to 'organise Favourites'. Am I overlooking something? 21223
  8. How to Manage Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Manage Favourites in Edge: Hi All I have a W10 laptop, W10 desktop, an iPad and an iPhone. I've disabled web browser setting synchronisation as this doesn't apply to my non-MS devices. I'm using iCloud for Windows 4.1 and this does a great job of synching IE bookmarks to Safari (if I use the...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573