Windows 10: How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

Discus and support How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes we need to shred a file, instead of just deleting it, like when a file contains personally identifiable information PII or individually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark from Virginia, Apr 5, 2023.

1. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

Sometimes we need to shred a file, instead of just deleting it, like when a file contains personally identifiable information PII or individually identifiable health information. When a file on OneDrive is deleted, and it moves to the Recycle Bin, how can we ensure the file is completely deleted and cannot be recreated? Is there a procedure to actually do this? And to include when using a Windows 11 computer and files can be on both the computer and the OneDrive. McAfee Shred is an example of a shredding software, however I am not clear what happens if one shreds a file on one's hard driv

:)

Mark from Virginia, Apr 5, 2023

2. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Manjunath_H, Apr 5, 2023
  4. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

Recover permanently deleted files

If its files you really need, you may have to look into a file recovery service such as Kroll.

It is important to regularly have a backup of the most important data. Also try to just hit delete, not permanently delete. I've been in the situation. I just put it in the recycle bin, I clear it out once a month or so. Extra step but its safer.

Hope this helps.

tamara_sadel, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

1. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive - Similar Threads - permanently delete files

2. DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE: By rerror i deleted OneDrive directory on my PC now all my data is no more available, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-onedrive/e90f7e35-eaab-40a0-96b5-22b11c99fe82
  3. DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELETED DATA ONEDRIVE: By rerror i deleted OneDrive directory on my PC now all my data is no more available, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-onedrive/e90f7e35-eaab-40a0-96b5-22b11c99fe82
  4. How to recover permanently deleted files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover permanently deleted files?: Ok so. I discovered this "Feedback" folder. All of the folders were copied, then pasted into a different folder. I deleted one of the images, and it also deleted the entire folder. The folder contained all of my important documents. It is now gone. What makes this possible?...
  5. How to recover permanently deleted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover permanently deleted files?: Ok so. I discovered this "Feedback" folder. All of the folders were copied, then pasted into a different folder. I deleted one of the images, and it also deleted the entire folder. The folder contained all of my important documents. It is now gone. What makes this possible?...
  6. How to recover permanently deleted files?

7. How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently delete files data when using OneDrive: Sometimes we need to shred a file, instead of just deleting it, like when a file contains personally identifiable information PII or individually identifiable health information. When a file on OneDrive is deleted, and it moves to the Recycle Bin, how can we ensure the file...
  8. Permanently deleted files

Permanently deleted files: Hello! First of all I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much of this and if the thread isn't really related to Windows 10, somehow I find it related because I want to use practically Windows 10 and another program or something for this job. And I know you guys are really the...
  9. Permanent deletion of data on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanent deletion of data on HDD: Hi all, I know that there are many threads on the Web how to delete data on HDD for ever, so that it's safe to be sold in case of personal information previously stored on it. I just happened to create a thread here because to me you're the best on PCs and also wanted to...
  10. OneDrive permanently deleted my video files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive permanently deleted my video files.: Long story short......tried uploading 500GB of video files to by 1TB account (didn't know about individual file size limit). Obviously, OneDrive did not upload most of the files. However, for some g'damn reason, it synced to my desktop (I never checked the box for this...