Windows 10: how to permanently delete groove playlists

Discus and support how to permanently delete groove playlists in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started using GROOVE Music on windows 10. There are several playlists that were automatically created. I went into playlists and selected them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GBHomeCS, Jan 15, 2020.

1. GBHomeCS Win User

how to permanently delete groove playlists

I started using GROOVE Music on windows 10. There are several playlists that were automatically created. I went into playlists and selected them to be deleted. However, next time I start up Groove they are back.

Where are they stored and how can I permanently delete them???

:)

GBHomeCS, Jan 15, 2020

2. No way to delete a Your Groove playlist

Thanks for your reply Likhitha.

Performing the actions suggested by Auutumnal in that forum post triggers a "Rebuilding your collection" screen upon re-launching Groove, but it does not remove this playlist from Your Groove.

I'm able to create and delete normal playlists that I create myself (playlists accessed by choosing "Playlists" in the menu on the right), but this playlist is one that has been automatically generated by Groove (it is found under the "Your Groove" section).
    There is no visible way to delete these automatically-made playlists, even if it contains music that doesn't exist in my collection.

ItsMichaelWest, Jan 15, 2020
  3. No way to delete a Your Groove playlist

Hi Michael,

The above issue might have occurred due to missing or corrupted app files and folders on the computer.

Refer to the suggestion by Auutumnal replied on
    August 28, 2015 from the link below and check if it helps:

Groove - Delete all Playlists

Also refer to Create or edit a playlist or radio station in Groove on Windows 10
    article and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of deleting playlist from Groove app on Windows 10 computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Dellskin Win User

No Groove playlists on Android

I have my music stored in the Music folder in OneDrive. The music appears in Groove on both my pc and phone. I have a subfolder called Playlists. The playlists appear in Groove on my Windows 10 PC. The playlists do not appear in Groove on my Android 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. I tried adding a playlist to the root Music folder and it still did not appear in Groove on my phone. I added a playlist on my phone and it did not appear on OneDrive. Any suggestions so that playlists will appear on Groove on my phone?

Dellskin, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. how to permanently delete groove playlists - Similar Threads - permanently delete groove

2. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  3. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  4. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  5. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  6. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  7. opening GROOVE on playlist view by defualt - possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening GROOVE on playlist view by defualt - possible?: is there any option or setting i can use to open GROOVE on playlist view by default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-groove-on-playlist-view-by-defualt/056e6d8a-b6db-4201-8f6c-ba4a6e7fec88
  8. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Groove Music and iTunes playlists: I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me....
  9. how to delete playlists from media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete playlists from media player: how do I delete playlist from windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-playlists-from-media-player/d9cf5069-c9ab-4ff5-9035-f634677c9abf
  10. Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?

Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?: Hi, im listening to a local playlist (files locally on my drive) and want to add another file to that playlist. When i drag the file from WinExplorer to the playlist content or the playlist name or playlist header, its not allowing. Using the + sign showing in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete playlists in groove